When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ann Arbor Saline Classic Bicycle Swap Meet and Show April 30, 2017

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I guess I'm lucky. I live about an hour from AA. This will be my 3rd year attending the show. The first 2 years we easily booked rooms for Saturday, had fun all day Saturday in and near the hotel, and did the short drive to the show early Sunday, had a great time showing bikes and doing the swap meet, then drove home Sunday afternoon.

This year will probably be different. Tried booking the same 2 rooms at the same hotel we had last year. Sorry, NOTHING available. Ok, no big deal, try another nearby hotel. Sorry, nothing there either. So this year there will be no U Haul to bring my bikes to display. No Saturday or hotel either. We'll just drive there Sunday morning and come home Sunday afternoon.

It's the best bike show in the country, and Paul and his crew do a terrific job. But maybe a little research in choosing a better date could have been in order. No bike show is going to compete with ANYTHING going on at U of M.

I'm not concerned with my plans personally. I do feel bad though for all my fellow enthusiasts who drive and fly great distances to attend the event. I can't imagine driving half way across the country only to have to sleep in your car all night and try to have a fun and productive bike show.

For those traveling to the AA Bicycle Show & Swap, 20 miles away is Chelsea, Mi., Hotels, Restaurants, Antique Mall, nice town.
As for the Show Date it has always been the last Sunday of April and will never change.

Just curious what people who fly in and buy a bike do to get it home? Do they have a FedEx pack and ship at the meet? Lol. Stash the bike in your hotel room and go scavenge bike boxes? Looking for a little FYI on logistics for left coasters....
Thanks,
Chris

Just curious what people who fly in and buy a bike do to get it home? Do they have a FedEx pack and ship at the meet? Lol. Stash the bike in your hotel room and go scavenge bike boxes? Looking for a little FYI on logistics for left coasters....
Thanks,
Chris

Most people that fly in know people at the show who can pack and ship the stuff they buy for them. Others Pack and ship stuff everyday at Memory.
Lane. The UPS truck is there three times a day picking up stuff...

I guess I'm lucky. I live about an hour from AA. This will be my 3rd year attending the show. The first 2 years we easily booked rooms for Saturday, had fun all day Saturday in and near the hotel, and did the short drive to the show early Sunday, had a great time showing bikes and doing the swap meet, then drove home Sunday afternoon.

This year will probably be different. Tried booking the same 2 rooms at the same hotel we had last year. Sorry, NOTHING available. Ok, no big deal, try another nearby hotel. Sorry, nothing there either. So this year there will be no U Haul to bring my bikes to display. No Saturday or hotel either. We'll just drive there Sunday morning and come home Sunday afternoon.

It's the best bike show in the country, and Paul and his crew do a terrific job. But maybe a little research in choosing a better date could have been in order. No bike show is going to compete with ANYTHING going on at U of M.

I'm not concerned with my plans personally. I do feel bad though for all my fellow enthusiasts who drive and fly great distances to attend the event. I can't imagine driving half way across the country only to have to sleep in your car all night and try to have a fun and productive bike show.

Paul doesn't need to do any research.
The meet has been the same time of the year for more than 20 some years.
This hobby is lucky that Paul and that group are still around to put this show on.
Whiny unprepared bike show attendees are the ones who need to plan and do research.

Paul doesn't need to do any research.
The meet has been the same time of the year for more than 20 some years.
This hobby is lucky that Paul and that group are still around to put this show on.
Whiny unprepared bike show attendees are the ones who need to plan and do research.

Bob, Al won't have any more to say on the matter as he died a couple of weeks ago. V/r Shawn

Back