When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 1942 Huffman work in progress

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

falcondave

Look Ma, No Hands!
Found this one about 4 years ago.Bike was really ugly when I got it.It had a cheap blue and silver spraycan paint job that was falling off in places and rotten white walls.I bought it because I liked the truss forks. Didn't know what it was untill I got it home and turned upside down and seen 1942 date.Did some research and found out it was military issue and got very excited.Started looking closer and there was little bits of green showing everywhere.Took some mild solvent aka carb cleaner and tried it on spray paint and it started to come off.The original green was not effected by the cleaner.Usaully I hate it when people repaint old items but this time I have to thank them because it did a wonderful job preserving the original paint.Months of painstaking cleaning later I stood back to take a look and had to salute the veteran for its service.The seat and bars had been changed.Found NOS bars on ebay.Seat is period correct wrapped with military canvas.Still looking for an original seat and fenders if any will part with them.
huffman 001.jpg
huffman 002.jpg
huffman 003.jpg

1942 Huffman updated pics with accessories

Ever since I saw pic on The Liberator with M-1 Garands strapped to forks I knew what my Huffman needed.The scabbard is original 1942 Boyt. M-1 is a non firing training rifle made in Spain.Also installed Goodrich Standard tires,front one even has war tire stamp.I love this bike but it has kind of outgrown my collection of riders.I would like it somewhere it can be seen.I have seen a couple Columbias for sale but never a Huffman.What do you think its worth?Thanks
ww2 huffman 004.jpg
ww2 huffman 012.jpg
ww2 huffman 024.jpg
ww2 huffman 007.jpg
ww2 huffman 016.jpg
ww2 huffman 011.jpg
ww2 huffman 018.jpg

Any idea what brand and model the handlebar grips are? Where to get pair??

Whta is the Original finish on the hubs???

To Johan's question the grips I got from bicyclebones on ebay says they are NOS 50s or 60s.Heres a couple pics of hubs you asked about.Thanks Craig.Would like OD grips but $350 ouch!
ww2 huffman 025.jpg
ww2 huffman 028.jpg

Back