When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Bendix 2 speed hub question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hm.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
After trying out a bendix kickback hub, Im interested in finding out a little more about them. I believe I have read that the blue band was a stingray hub and the red band was the earlier version?.

Would the yellow band hub be correct for the later Schwinn cruisers up to early 80s or are these hubs all 60s and earlier stuff?

The blue and yellow band came out at the same time. Besides the paint there are three parts that are different between them. The brake arm, which doesn't really matter the sprocket and driving screw. You can swap the last two parts out and make a yellow a blue or blue a yellow. And like island said, the blue is an overdrive.

About the sprockets, a yellow band will have an 18t or 19t. A blue band will only have a 20t.

Reactions: hm.
About the sprockets, a yellow band will have an 18t or 19t. A blue band will only have a 20t.
Nice! thank you again.. the one I have here has 18 teeth so I have a yellow band that had been repainted to blue.

What I had noticed is this ring. It only exists on the yellow band. The sprocket on a blue band is a completely different animal, looks nothing like it. I have a feeling an "original" 36 spoke blue band is a rare hub. Stingrays had 28 spokes. Bendix made them and replacement hub shells, but how many are out there??

schwinn side 012 II.jpg

YELLOW RED.jpg

Reactions: hm.
Back