When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another big policy change at Ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Looks like my last day of selling on Ebay will be May 21.
I wonder how many other sellers they will lose.
Remember when they were getting flack for owning PayPal and only accepting PayPal for payments? They eventually accepted other forms and split PayPal off as its own. They still own it.
Now, they are working the other end. Sellers have to give them access to their bank accounts and they will act as middleman for all payments and strip all the fees before giving the seller his due directly into their bank account. They can also hold money and take money from your account as they see fit.
Its just the end for me, Im tired of it. 20 years of corporate money grubbing is enough for me. Im not going to open up another bank account to juggle.
I have been wronged several times by Ebay over the years, also by other sellers and buyers as they play the policy shell game. The most recent, just a few weeks ago. Ugh.
Truthfully, this is starting to feel like a relief.
Anybody else that sells there have thoughts?

The strategy is to force out the small-time and yard sale folks and deal only with medium and larger commercial entities. They don't want the time, expense, or risk of dealing with private individuals. The bank account bugged me less than the SSN issue, but the aim of both is the same: push eBay toward bulk commercial entities rather than an online yard/tag sale. I have a spare bank account I don't use for much any more and which has only a few hundred dollars in it that I could devote. But the SSN thing from people who are no where close to the 1099 level was the last straw for me. Maybe some people will give them their SSN (?). But really, businesses will have an EIN and provide that, which is totally normal for a commercial entity. They just don't want to deal with individual small timers because their best return is hosting bulk commercial entities, apparently those flooding the market with very large quantities of cheaper goods direct from China. I guess it's a place to hunt for parts, but look elsewhere if you need to clean out your spares bin.

I hear everyone and understand the grief. I don't think e bay is just pulling money out of your account as they see fit ( hey guys here's an account with $40 in it, lets go to Burger King ). I sell maybe three 1 18 diecast cars a month, average sale about $140 each + shipping. I suppose I could get gigged some day but for now it's the best and almost the only way for me to sell my items.

I hear everyone and understand the grief. I don't think e bay is just pulling money out of your account as they see fit ( hey guys here's an account with $40 in it, lets go to Burger King ). I sell maybe three 1 18 diecast cars a month, average sale about $140 each + shipping. I suppose I could get gigged some day but for now it's the best and almost the only way for me to sell my items.
A little disingenuous.
"as they see fit" would be in a corporate money grubbing sense with their one sided policies. Not, when is lunch?
I already hear of this happening, and holding money indefinitely.

What this is, is a way for them to gain interest on our money just by holding it. Money manipulation. Free money.
Forget us, and the reasons we sell things. A standard knuckle-under routine.
Also a great way to reduce their work force. All those people that handled all the little people issues. Maybe able to tell the phone center in India "Amazon needs you".
Whatever it is, It wont include me anymore.
Even though you seem to be saying that you will conform, I'll bet your die cast sales will take a hit somehow.
I hope not, but I'll bet so.

I suppose I have conformed, I am still buying and selling, within the confines of their policy. Not sure what you mean by " diecast sales will take a hit" I keep adjusting the price and they keep selling. maybe they will put a special tax on them. Until then I'm just a foot soldier marching to their orders. I can quit anytime with no penalty though.

Looks like my last day of selling on Ebay will be May 21.
I wonder how many other sellers they will lose.
Remember when they were getting flack for owning PayPal and only accepting PayPal for payments? They eventually accepted other forms and split PayPal off as its own. They still own it.
Now, they are working the other end. Sellers have to give them access to their bank accounts and they will act as middleman for all payments and strip all the fees before giving the seller his due directly into their bank account. They can also hold money and take money from your account as they see fit.
Its just the end for me, Im tired of it. 20 years of corporate money grubbing is enough for me. Im not going to open up another bank account to juggle.
I have been wronged several times by Ebay over the years, also by other sellers and buyers as they play the policy shell game. The most recent, just a few weeks ago. Ugh.
Truthfully, this is starting to feel like a relief.
Anybody else that sells there have thoughts?

I'm out............The SSN did it for me!

Back