When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another colorflow

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Brought this bike home yesterday. Its a rider,been stored for a long time. I owe it to the previous owner that passed it on to me to keep it original and and in top shape. no restoration here. I think the tires may be the factory tires. It has a Higgins spedo. not sure if it came with this bike. I plan in the coming month to completely disassemble ; clean , grease up, and ride this summer. I have seen so many nice original bikes like this parted out, or worse yet allowed to go to rust. Not gonna happen on the tinkers watch!:)
001.JPG
002.JPG

A JC Higgins lock to boot! Tires are indeed original. An excellent specimen you've got there.

Glad to see the species being kept from extinction. Thanks for your commitment to keeping that ol beauty original.

I own his twin brother! Congrats on obtaining this beauty. I'd give my left you know what for the batwing, lol.

Nice one Tink.If you let it go tell Hank [Columbia guy} to let me know.

Nice Bike.......53? What is the story behind it? I would love to see some more pics, can you take one of the bottom bracket?

Can't wait to see it back together and out for a ride.

Todd

color flow

Nice Bike.......53? What is the story behind it? I would love to see some more pics, can you take one of the bottom bracket
thanks guys for all the compliments on the bike. the numbers on the bottom bracket are;
mod 502- 299 followed by 10126. Its in nice shape because Robin Bridges put it safely away after he bought it from J.R. Planck around 1985 or so at Ann Arbor. The bike more than likely came from upstate New York. From the number of folks that P.M. me about selling it I wish I had a few more. want to keep this one .:) the tink.

Very nice complete survivor. Not much to do but grease and reassemble. Will be a real headturner for sure.
I'm jealous.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Back