When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Decal On A 41

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Last week I posted this unknown decal that is on my original 41 Schwinn's front fender. It was determined to be WW 2 fighter plane "nose " art.
001.JPG
004.JPG

Today I looked at the other 41 that I have and show the Vintage "Squirt" soft drink decal on the rear fender.
This was back when "Pop" or depending on where you live "soda" was 10 cents a bottle from a top loader vending machine. I remember looking at the tops on all the bottles trying to figure which one I would select as dad deposited the dime.
010.JPG

Beneath the Squirt decal is a Chicita Banana . Love these old decals. My older brother and I would fight over which one of us would get to open the cereal box first to get the free decal enclosed.
Yep, the 1950's...... faded glimpses of the past.
011.JPG
013.JPG

I've seen quite a few bikes that have had that Squirt decal on the back fender.
They definitely had a pretty successful advertising campaign with that one.
About a year ago, I was pursuing eBay, and I came across a beverage collector that had a small batch of those decals.
Since I had seen those on bikes over the years, I couldn't resist picking up a few.

Today I looked at the other 41 that I have and show the Vintage "Squirt" soft drink decal on the rear fender.
This was back when "Pop" or depending on where you live "soda" was 10 cents a bottle from a top loader vending machine. I remember looking at the tops on all the bottles trying to figure which one I would select as dad deposited the dime.

Wait, there's ANOTHER 41? Does the bunker never end?

Back