When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another English Bike This Month... A Triumph

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I bought a similar bike for my wife a couple of years ago at an antique store for $150US. I thought that she should have an older bike to cruise around town on but my real motivation for the purchase was to be able to rebuild the Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub. The rebuild is really pretty straightforward. I never cease to be amazed at the engineering and workmanship that goes into these. I believe they first came on the market in 1902.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 5.34.58 AM.png

-----

another beautiful job there hornblower! 😃

looks like someone fudged the placement of the gear cable pulley...perhaps to make do with a too short cable

in this position it is in the way for portages

-----

I too have a Triumph very similar to yours except it is a girls version. Cleaned it up and put a Cyclemaster power wheel on it. Took some time to find the few missing Cyclemaster parts but now all is working just fine. Living near Philadelphia and will be glad to correspond. Still trying to copy photos onto this reply, without success. Let me know if you want photos and we can figure out how to get them to you.
Fred

Back