Another FUJI...1985 Espree...my size!

This ad disappears when logged in

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
Floral Park, NY, United States
OK @juvela Roger...I'm becoming a Fuji magnet now!

I picked this one up this morning about 10 miles from my house. The guy I purchased it from said he got it from the original owner who had it hanging in his garage for the last 27 years. And judging from the dirt and grime, I believe him. The only thing missing are the rubber hoods, which from the pieces remaining turned to a dried out mess. All else is as it left the factory, and the paint is in beautiful condition.

I've already begun the cleanup, but it's easy so far removing the dirt. It will take a while, but it will be worth it. First bike I've had in this shade of blue/green, and it's only one of two colors offered that year.

I don't know how cheap the guy I purchased it from got it, but I managed to pay $80 for it. This will look great beside my 1985 Fuji Del Ray (see a perviuos post) which is in as good if not better condition.

Enjoy the barrage of BEFORE photos!! :)

IMG_5876.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5880.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

juvela

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Aug 2, 2014
Playa del Rey, United States
-----

nothing amiss with me balle krystalle...

"Fred's Floral Park Fuji Faire"

---

whot be the evergreen hedge we see in the background o' ye daguerreotipicos?

am thimking she be a Thuja.

-----

PfishB

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jan 22, 2018
Memphis, TN, United States
Yet another nice one. You are to Fuji as I am to Raleigh. they seem to seek me out both at home and on the road, I do have a few...

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
-----

nothing amiss with me balle krystalle...

"Fred's Floral Park Fuji Faire"

---

whot be the evergreen hedge we see in the background o' ye daguerreotipicos?

am thimking she be a Thuja.

-----
My driveway is where I take all the photos. Just arborvite's...

slowride

Finally riding a big boys bike
Nov 8, 2017
Detroit, MI, United States
Fuji-San ! That’s going to look incredible when you finish cleaning! Never seen seat post with graduated measurements (would be useful if you disassemble for travel then reassemble at destination.) The shifters look like the old Suntour Superbe. How do you do it? Everything I bring home looks like roadkill!

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
Fuji-San ! That’s going to look incredible when you finish cleaning! Never seen seat post with graduated measurements (would be useful if you disassemble for travel then reassemble at destination.) The shifters look like the old Suntour Superbe. How do you do it? Everything I bring home looks like roadkill!
I've been pretty lucky lately in finding what I have found. Most get flipped unless it's my size frame. :p

Last edited:

juvela

Aug 2, 2014
-----

We need to remember location.

HARPO is on the east end of Long Island.

In just a hop, skip and a jump he can be in The Hamptons for a tete a tete with Paltrow.

slowride OTOH is in the...um...motor city.

-----

PfishB

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jan 22, 2018
Memphis, TN, United States
I picked up a Club Fuji last year, it has the gradiented seatpost your bikes have. Hope to get around to refurbing it this year and getting it back on the road. Pic is from when I got it - PO had slammed the seatpost down all the way. Not stuck, thank goodness....

85-Fuji.jpg

juvela

Aug 2, 2014
I picked up a Club Fuji last year, it has the gradiented seatpost your bikes have. Hope to get around to refurbing it this year and getting it back on the road. Pic is from when I got it - PO had slammed the seatpost down all the way. Not stuck, thank goodness....

View attachment 998237
-----

Safety Advisory -

While draw marks are accurate and can be relied upon keep in mind there is no Plimsoll line.

-----

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
-----

We need to remember location.

HARPO is on the east end of Long Island.

In just a hop, skip and a jump he can be in The Hamptons for a tete a tete with Paltrow.

slowride OTOH is in the...um...motor city.

-----
Actually, I'm locatated in the middle of the Island. The Hamptons are about 65 miles roughly from where I am. :)

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010

View attachment 998237
Great looking bike! Don't forget to post photos when you're done...but it looks pretty clean in this photo.

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010
As I'm working on the bike, I noticed something that has happened before with the Fuji's I've gotten. The plastic covering on the head badge is still on it!! It's as pristine as the day it was put on back in 1975. :D

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
I know they're great to find and especially turn, but I'll always contend there's nothing sadder than a catalog-perfect bike. Bought and stashed in the garage.
We rode them - we changed Everything (should keep Juvela hopping)
p1ggurH.jpg

rode through splined cranks in the first year
Vlj1ScT.jpg

EtAOZHr.jpg

EO1pfQN.jpg

oaC0X1g.jpg
b627bfba-5391-47fd-b221-d7468721a3cc.jpg

Last edited:

HARPO

I live for the CABE
Dec 28, 2010