When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another great barn find .

-
Really Scary Carey Eh???
Like this Carrie

Here's the deal:
  • I luuuvvv riding bikes, and have almost been a daily rider for nearly a half-century, from my first low-rider in the 70s to a 3-speed DBS city bike (betcha never heard of those) to a 70s Peugeot road bike, a slew of mountain bikes (used for what they were intended for), BMXs, fixies, and a couple of (common and barely vintage) cruisers.
  • I love the feel, the science, the geometry, the lines, the art, the mechanics, the engineering, the civil sensibility, practicality, freedom, fixability, the personal and cultural histories each bike speaks.
  • I am not a vintage expert by any stretch of the imagination, am a novice at the art/science/lore of restoration, but have a quick eye, an open ear, an able hand, and take joy in preserving or resurrecting well made things.
  • Vintage cruisers represent a near-perfect melding of form, function and motion, of physics and art.
  • There exists--somewhere out there--a vintage cycle that will encapsulate that earth-bound heavenly state for me, and give me a joy similar to the one I get from a well-eyed-and-executed navigation through turns at speed.
  • The collective lore found here at thecabe seems to offer some guidance aspiring for that grail.
  • I figure that most who appreciate vintage cycles all have a measure of that same thirst, whether they are aware of it or would articulate it that way,
  • And so we all share that, whether novice or master
  • I appreciate your patience

Here's the deal:
  • I luuuvvv riding bikes, and have almost been a daily rider for nearly a half-century, from my first low-rider in the 70s to a 3-speed DBS city bike (betcha never heard of those) to a 70s Peugeot road bike, a slew of mountain bikes (used for what they were intended for), BMXs, fixies, and a couple of (common and barely vintage) cruisers.
  • I love the feel, the science, the geometry, the lines, the art, the mechanics, the engineering, the civil sensibility, practicality, freedom, fixability, the personal and cultural histories each bike speaks.
  • I am not a vintage expert by any stretch of the imagination, am a novice at the art/science/lore of restoration, but have a quick eye, an open ear, an able hand, and take joy in preserving or resurrecting well made things.
  • Vintage cruisers represent a near-perfect melding of form, function and motion, of physics and art.
  • There exists--somewhere out there--a vintage cycle that will encapsulate that earth-bound heavenly state for me, and give me a joy similar to the one I get from a well-eyed-and-executed navigation through turns at speed.
  • The collective lore found here at thecabe seems to offer some guidance aspiring for that grail.
  • I figure that most who appreciate vintage cycles all have a measure of that same thirst, whether they are aware of it or would articulate it that way,
  • And so we all share that, whether novice or master
  • I appreciate your patience
Well said

Clearly my ignorance showing.
I have no insecurities about being so--it offers a great chance to learn when knowledgeable folks correct me. Questions/wrong posits help shape the parameters of knowing a thing. Awareness of ignorance can therefore be an accelerant for expanding knowledge. I look forward to learning a heck of a lot more from y'all. I appreciate the broader welcome and invite your (plural) correction.
I'm still learning the lay-of-the-land, so to speak, so had no awareness this was a "37 CWC bent tank model thread," and had in fact missed an earlier comment identifying it as a '37 CWC.
Among the many things I've already taken away from this thread is that identical production parts were "badged and sold thru different suppliers."
Finally, I didn't mean or want to cause a ruckus and it's already water under the bridge; I was a bit pissy in my response. Superman1984 and Freqman1, et al, I'd appreciate the opportunity to tap your insight and expertise in the future...
It’s all good but looks like this thread has gained a life of its own! I just thought you were joking because the bike had been clearly identified. That’s why it’s always good to read the entire post before commenting. Also look at the date of the original post. Trying to get a response from a ten year old post can be fruitless. V/r Shawn

I'll take it if you don't have a seller buyer.
Looks like a 50's Monark Rocket 26" Cruiser
Looks like U new to this T. No worries, as, it can be a tough learning curve. ]edit] Holy cow I didn't see all the activity since yesterday before replying a few moments ago.. So, 36 it is.. Yet I'll continue what I'd said: This bike is at least a 1941 or older like maybe a 39, maybe Cause, Chain guards were not so frequent on pre-war or before 1940 . U can tell by the rear drop-out and curved wings on it for a stand. Not as in Kick stand but, virtually, pre-kick stand era., Drop stand. When there's 2 of those wings then it's likely older than 41 as around 40-41 they could have just 1. .

Last edited:
Most models phased out that chain ring by 37 but as I said before serial numbers will tell, well original poster hasn’t been back so we’ll see.

Back