When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Higgins

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I sold this bike [ on far right ] earlier this year to a fellow Caber, who sold it to another fellow and:( sadly,:( that guy dismantled it, and parted it out. That original saddle was perfect, and the original wheels were excellent. The paint was worn, but this 49 J. C. Higgins was a survivor.:)
003.JPG
When I owned the bike, I wanted to modify it, and make a rat rod out of it, but would NEVER take a nice original survivor and ruin it , for something like that. Other folks can do what they want with what they own, but I can't wreck an original. So I passed it on, and someone else wrecked it:( .......but that's ok........well maybe:mad: but once you own it , it's yours to do what you wish with , and I reluctantly respect that, well, maybe....a little.:(
Anyway on Sunday, the day before the wife and I drove down to Carbondale, Illinois to see the eclipse:) , I brought this frame home.
IMG_2177 (4).JPG
IMG_2176 (6).JPG
For forty dollars, who here on the Cabe , that loves J.C. Higgins, wouldn't? Everything for forty bucks is a deal!
I bought this 1949 tank for 20 buck years ago, it came with the horn too. I finally have a bare bones frame to place it into. Also have the correct 49 springer and head badge, so this bike will be a no brainier.
When building fender-less classics, or rat rods, this is the type of parts I prefer to use. This will be another fun project.:) that will be on the road by next spring!

Back