When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another ID help....restore project

• Thread starter banana seat Brian
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B

banana seat Brian

ok this is a 1950 something bike i think,
It is a monark gold coaster ..it is white and gold,,or was gold,Where the silver was at one time a thin layer of gold,,,Im looking for a date and a nice pic so I can restore it..any help
wowtank-1.jpg

ok, here is the 1955 catalog page, your bike is a cantilever which came out much later. Huffy bought Monark in 1958 and used the Monark name for years after that. I think you'll find you bike is from the early 1960's. is it a middleweight or balloon tire bike? notice that the chain guard and sprocket are the same on your bike and the 1955 catalog. Huffy used them for years. mid '60's they both changed. look around as there are many catalogs posted on the site and many bikes over the years. you might find some other stuff as well. again welcome and have fun.
Scott:cool:
1955huffy.gif

for the catalogs here you have to search the forums.you might also try oldroads.com and nostalgic.net be patient another guy with the info you're looking for may not find this post quickly. I'll keep looking through my stuff.
Scott:cool:

bike

so after a little looking the bike was gold and white.
the number i found is 9H31_ _ 98 ..any help....

Back