When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Lincoln badged Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DonChristie

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
This is a Craigs list score I picked up last week. It appears to be a 37/38 or so. This is why I post. I need some info and maybe a couple of parts. I plan on cleaning her up and riding it. I have not touched it as far as cleaning goes. The color scheme and Graphics are very cool Anybody know the story on that? The Seat is a Mesinger B2, it is amazing. I did not get the serial number yet.

I am curious about the Chain Guard. It appears it is not a Schwinn. Which type of chain guard is right? Also, how about the bars and Gooseneck, are they correct? My other problem is the Front rim. It appears it was swapped out at sometime. It is not the same type of Drop center as the Rear. Otherwise, I cannot wait to get this old Girl all cleaned up and rollin! I plan on using WD40 and xxxx Steel wool on the paint and cleaning the chromed pieces with a Scotch Brite wheel. I have had good luck with this combo. Any and all info is appreciated!

DSC_0037.jpg
DSC_0031.jpg
DSC_0029.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg
DSC_0030.jpg

Cool bike!!!!! The chain gaurd is Schwinn. They used them on the less deluxe bikes (like the DX)

Another "C" Model found...

Its a "C" model. This was a less equiped model and looks complete and correct but for the front wheel. The guard looks to have faded less so maybe it was added or painted differently or something. But its schwinn... There should be a date on the crank which may even date it later then 37 maybe a 38 (they kept the straight down tube and drop stand on the basic C models later) There is a red and white well equiped model on da bay right now... cool bike!

Thanks for the info! Im glad to hear about the chain guard. It is a different color, kinda weird. I will pull the crank and verify when i clean her up.

How about the Gooseneck, original?

The tires are the original US chain tread. They hold air but are kinda dry rotted. Any interest in the tires if I change them out?

Does anybody have the correct Front rim with similiar looks (patina)?

Thanks again!

Back