When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Marshall Wells Zenith that's a smidge different

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Thebikingtileguy

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey all, long time reader, first time poster. I have a Marshall Wells Zenith I got years ago. It's a blast to ride. Definitely been on the road awhile but it has a sweet crust.

I have only seen a few and never another in person and it's really hard to find out what it was originally. I know some parts are newer but not sure what.

My curiosity lies with the frame and fork. I have never seen the fork/truss design on another zenith and the frame seems a bit different as well.

May I have some help sleuthing this one please. Hope y'all are riding safe and keeping the rubber side down✌️🚴‍♀️

20150621_162122.jpg

20150621_162043.jpg

20150615_193223.jpg

20150614_211109.jpg

20150614_211100.jpg

Welcome to the Cabe's Posting Members group! 😜

Here's a thread with nothing but Double Bars. See if it matches a Colson.

Sure looks like a '36 Colson long wheelbase. This is the first Marshall Wells Zenith badged Colson I've seen.
It is unique for sure. I was looking at some of your other posts and it seems to have the original wheels. The rims are triple step and in decent rideable shape as long as you don't think bout it much. The brakes suck bad. The seat tube and the down tube are loose at the bottom bracket and needs to be fixed. The brazing on the rest of the frame is beautiful and it has the original paint.

What would you do with this bike?

Being its a '36 and a Long Wheelbase, they are prone to separation at the chainstay/BB joints..I have seen some that have come loose at the seat tube joint as well. In '37, Colson started reinforcing the chainstay/BB joints from the factory. I would have the joints repaired internally before riding it any more and making it worse.

Being its a '36 and a Long Wheelbase, they are prone to separation at the chainstay/BB joints..I have seen some that have come loose at the seat tube joint as well. In '37, Colson started reinforcing the chainstay/BB joints from the factory. I would have the joints repaired internally before riding it any more and making it worse.
Sadly the frame is hanging in my shop waiting for a skilled person to fix it. It did get ridden hard thru our parks for a long time by me. The LWB is NICE ... It's by far my best fitting bike. Now I know, I will keep my eyes out for more.

Back