When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another newbie looking for help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have finally found time to play more with the whizzer. I was able to find a better stand, mount the existing exhaust and get it running, but it appears to need a new carburetor to make it more reliable. The float sticks - sometimes open and sometimes closed. I assume the float has expanded and the bowl has shrunk from corrosion inside or ?? Id like to replace the carburetor unless I can find a rebuild kit with new float and jet, etc.. I haven't been able to find an exact Mikuni replacement either, but I have to believe that they exist somewhere. Id rather just replace it with the same, but could rebuild. If I do need to replace, are there certain carburetors that will work better, fit better and create the least amount of modifying everything else to make it fit? Thanks again for any help or info.

whiz carb 1.jpg

whiz carb 3.jpg

whiz carb 4.jpg

So, I believe at the time this was built, that this would have had a flex exhaust.
The engine may have a serial number starting with a 3 but it is an H series engine.
The engine would have had a different exhaust manifold. The carb is not original, use what you can find.
The compression release probably was originally a stamped steel cover.
The Echo tube looks like a wildfire, wasn't intended for a 24" to start with.

That carb doesn't look right for the motor..that's what I think.. most floats of that era are brass and if leaking can be repaired..weigh it dry then take it off and weigh it after it's been in gas..if theirs a weight increase needs new solder..I really doubt that's the problem.. I do see no air filter.. those motors need filters.. it won't run correctly.. that's a must with a correct air filter...

The air filter was just removed to work on it. I am hoping someone knows an exact carburetor and filter and fuel lines that i could B that will work with this motor and this tank. The motor runs fine as long as it has gas, but between the carb and the filter, I just cant keep it fed. Either the filter stops flowing or the float sticks closed or it sticks open. The float is plastic and does not leak. I have completely removed and cleaned everything in the carb including jets. They were partially clogged. The fuel inlet is open and the plunger seems to work when i blow in it and manually move the float up and down. But maybe the plunger is sticking in since there is no pressure from a pump.

With all due respect, everything you're dealing with is rudimentary. I feel you don't have the basic skills or knowledge to solve a simple problem on your own. What you need is a friend, someone with basic knowledge and simple problem solving skills. Maybe a local shop teacher or class?

Skeezer

I kinda side with skeezer but you have to learn some how.. I did by my self on overhauling engines..so you can learn.. get a picture of a complete whizzer with that motor see what's different.. familiar your self with the fuel feed.. next check the tank for crap that could be blocking the flow.. that includes the fule line.. if you get flow to carb but you see rust flakes then you need a fuel sediment shut off bowl this is insurance to keep the carb clean.. now place the float in gas let it sit if it's sinks a bit then the float is bad. Personally I see you have the wrong carb on it but if it works that's good.. if float is bad you get the carb number and Google it for a replacement...

One more thing if you positive the carb is good and gas is clean then I'd look at electrical like the condenser

Back