When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Opal Violet story, Nov. 64

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sick of typing so will try to shorten this, a few yrs ago my friend called on a Sunday morning ( I was actually on the Orange ride ) and ask about the value of a purple StingRay at a antique store, original opal paint frame & guard, everything else was Lowrider aftermarket parts bent forward springer, full chrome fenders, straight laced wheels, etc,etc., well he ended up getting it. sub story that I've told here, in 64 I picked out a opal at my local shop ( Rost's Schwinn & mower, Pico Rivera Ca. ) for Xmas but never got it ( bought my Lime 64 from a friends brother later ) well this friend which I didn't know till high school got a opal ( maybe violet ) from the same shop a couple of yrs later so he really wanted to rebuild this one, he found a 68 violet girls fork at a swap and a few other parts but gave up after a little while so I ended up with it along with all the Lowrider parts ( sold to offset the price ), I have been collecting parts including a 6-4 opal girls fork ( still have to thread/cut it down and deal with the thicker ID so neck won't go all the way in ) so will some day get completed and set next my 64 Lime & Coppertone that's probably my nicest paint, that also has a good survivor story.

Sick of typing so will try to shorten this, a few yrs ago my friend called on a Sunday morning ( I was actually on the Orange ride ) and ask about the value of a purple StingRay at a antique store, original opal paint frame & guard, everything else was Lowrider aftermarket parts bent forward springer, full chrome fenders, straight laced wheels, etc,etc., well he ended up getting it. sub story that I've told here, in 64 I picked out a opal at my local shop ( Rost's Schwinn & mower, Pico Rivera Ca. ) for Xmas but never got it ( bought my Lime 64 from a friends brother later ) well this friend which I didn't know till high school got a opal ( maybe violet ) from the same shop a couple of yrs later so he really wanted to rebuild this one, he found a 68 violet girls fork at a swap and a few other parts but gave up after a little while so I ended up with it along with all the Lowrider parts ( sold to offset the price ), I have been collecting parts including a 6-4 opal girls fork ( still have to thread/cut it down and deal with the thicker ID so neck won't go all the way in ) so will some day get completed and set next my 64 Lime & Coppertone that's probably my nicest paint, that also has a good survivor story.View attachment 1606392

View attachment 1606393

View attachment 1606394

View attachment 1606395

View attachment 1606396
Cool. Not only the steer tubes longer in general on girls forks but so is the fork blade itself. It's different altogether I believe than a boys fork.

Cool. Not only the steer tubes longer in general on girls forks but so is the fork blade itself. It's different altogether I believe than a boys fork.
Nope, the girls forks have identical blade and rake as any boys 20" Stingray. Only difference is the longer steerer tube, just cut it down and retap the threads further and installs identical.

Nope, the girls forks have identical blade and rake as any boys 20" Stingray. Only difference is the longer steerer tube, just cut it down and retap the threads further and installs identical.

Ya but as said inner wall gets thicker the further you go in so when cut down the goose neck won't go in as far as the boys.

Hey that's my fork! 😝 🤫
You don't cut it down from the top & rethread at all. You cut the lower part out and reweld the top part back on. Done it many times gooseneck then fits as it should & was going to do it to this fork except I had no need for the fork so just sold it. Matches your frame to a T 👍 great score for you👏

I still have the OPAL matching guard wiped clean & the 64 girls frame that fork came off of if anybody's interested PM me
Tommy

Last edited:
N
Hey that's my fork! 😝 🤫
You don't cut it down from the top & rethread at all. You cut the lower part out and reweld the top part back on. Done it many times gooseneck then fits as it should & was going to do it to this fork except I had no need for the fork so just sold it. Matches your frame to a T 👍 great score for you👏

I still have the OPAL matching guard wiped clean & the 64 girls frame that fork came off of if anybody's interested PM me
Tommy
Not everyone has a hot wrench, so there are a couple ways to do this

Back