Another Oxalic Acid Bath

This ad disappears when logged in

gkeep

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 11, 2014
Alameda, CA
It's as if you dipped it in the mythical bicycle FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!! Shhhh, no one's supposed to know.

Ride Katie ride. She's one lucky bike owner and granddaughter!!

Gary

pureschwinn

Look Ma, No Hands!
Sep 1, 2017
Boise, i.d., United States
I used to use zud cleanser, It had Oxalic acid in it , but I haven't seen it for sale anymore. my friend who refinished furniture used Oxalic acid to get stains out of desk tops,etc, but I never did a whole bike. just a chain guard and rims. It looks like a different bike; I hope she really enjoys it.(I was told It Comes from rhubarb leaves).

carlitos60

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 1, 2013
Kissimmee, FL United States
Have Anyone Tried It on a TOC or Teens Used Crappy Frame??
Photo is Just an Example, Not Mine!!
Maybe a Bit Worst Than It????
Racycle Narrow..jpg

azbug-i

I live for the CABE
Oct 23, 2011
Tucson, AZ
This is incredible! Im doing this one my newest find! I did an oa bath on an old hawthorne that i loved. But i only did a few hours. Im curious about a longer dip!

Great work!

Oct 23, 2016
Az
Picking up an excelsior badged straightbar monday. I’m going to give it an OA bath. Never done one before, but the results you guys are getting are unbelievable.

Barto

I live for the CABE
Mar 13, 2015
Somers, United States
Picking up an excelsior badged straightbar monday. I’m going to give it an OA bath. Never done one before, but the results you guys are getting are unbelievable.
Would love to see the results. I have a late 30's survivor, still has the barn debris on it. This might be a possibility when it's time to do the bike!

mfhemi1969

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 4, 2015
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hey Cabers. I bought this bike from The Golden Greek and received it a couple of weeks ago. It's all original and we thought it was green. Prior to shipping, George removed the old tires and saw light blue paint on the rims and wondered if it had been originally blue. If you look closely at the before picture you will see a small patch of blue paint that looks like a piece of tape or something covered this small spot. Upon further investigation I believe the original owner may have sprayed it with an oil preservative which overtime turned the blue to sage green. George suggested that I give it an Oxalic acid bath, so I completely disassembled the bike, mixed up the solution and submersed it overnight. I rinsed it down and after it dried buffed it was some wax. While the bike was soaking in the acid I completely rebuilt all the mechanicals. I still need to recover the seat, but besides that she's a beautiful blue. I'm going to give it to my youngest granddaughter Katie

View attachment 703576 View attachment 703575
Hard to believe its the same bike!

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture