When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Oxalic Bike Done. Monark built Elgin

-

nj_shore

Finally riding a big boys bike
About 6 years ago I purchased 2 Monark built Elgin bikes, 1 Mens - 1 Womans. Awesome bikes. They were rough but I was there and bought them. Put them on the back-burners for a while... I'm sure everyone can realize "I will get to them 1 day". Well, I hit a wall recently and had to get going on a lot of stuff I've "had on the backburners". The women's turned out pretty good! Which is for sale in the for sale section. I added the rear dropstand which I had laying around. Also recovered the original seat. It was well beyong repair so I gave it a blasting and recovered. The men's bicycle was tweaked pretty hard but I got it straightened out to get ride-able. Have it cleaning up now, but check out the woman's bike! This oxalic is some great stuff. Takes some time and effort but I love to keep the original stuff alive!!!

I straightened out the men's bike and have it cleaning up now. Stand by for progress..........

I will continue the thread with progress on the men's bike.

womans_pre.jpeg

womans_pre2.jpeg

womans_pre3.jpeg

womans_pre4.jpeg

womens_after.jpg

womens_pre.jpg

womens_pre2.jpg

Last edited:
... Drastic and remarkable difference! ... Just tried my first OA bath last weekend with great results ... Good job ...

Back