When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ranger

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just when I figure I'm done with the bikes. . . After a couple fun days of selling at Memory Lane, I'm loading up the truck for the ride home. Two minutes from hitting the road, I notice a young fellow has set up across from me. I spot two old frames. A 30's Schwinn and a Ranger. 1485828

I'm out of this hobby as far as buying anymore bikes. Don't want them. But Rangers have a soft spot in my heart. I had a black pre-war Ranger back 1963 that was a favorite. My wife keeps the money while we're at swaps. Had to go back to the truck and ask her for the $140 for this frame. She said, as she handed me the cash, "I thought you were done with bikes?" "Yeah, but Honey, it's a Ranger." Already started sanding it down this morning. Going to paint it black.

Maybe put a Monark springer on it. just like the old days. Here's a Ranger I did a few years back. It's on the shop ceiling.

IMG_0006 (2).JPG

72, but I'm still a kid at heart. . . .

Last edited:
Just when I figure I'm done with the bikes. . . After a couple fun days of selling at Memory Lane, I'm loading up the truck for the ride home. Two minutes from hitting the road, I notice a young fellow has set up across from me. I spot two old frames. A 30's Schwinn and a Ranger.View attachment 1485828

I'm out of this hobby as far as buying anymore bikes. Don't want them. But Rangers have a soft spot in my heart. I had a black pre-war Ranger back 1963 that was a favorite. My wife keeps the money while we're at swaps. Had to go back to the truck and ask her for the $140 for this frame. She said, as she handed me the cash, "I thought you were done with bikes?" "Yeah, but Honey, it's a Ranger." Already started sanding it down this morning. Going to paint it black.View attachment 1485795

Maybe put a Monark springer on it. just like the old days. Here's a Ranger I did a few years back. It's on the shop ceiling.View attachment 1485796

View attachment 1485797

View attachment 1485799

View attachment 1485798

View attachment 1485801

View attachment 1485800
72, but I'm still a kid at heart. . . .

I had a similar experience when my wife said, "I thought that you were finished with hookers." This one was dressed up like the Lone Ranger.

MY WIFE SAID NOT A NOTHER BICYCLE !!! BICYCLE LARRY.. ALLWAYS LOVE THE BLUE HAWTHOREN YOU DONE UP TINGER DAVE AND THE ROAD MASTER IS SWEET TO !!!!

Bike collecting is an illness for which there is no cure. But I'm sure your wife has figured this out by now :).
My wife will ask me if Im going picking or hunting and I usually will say no.....because its not that Im afraid I wont find anything, its because I KNOW I will find something and then Im screwed.
Every bike I buy is always "the last one".

Back