When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Retiree to South Florida -

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

REC

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Watching the classifieds here on the CABE, I noticed this green Cycle-Truck being offered for sale by Stradalite ( @STRADALITE ) that didn't seem to jump off the listings and into someones collecton. After seeing it for a while, I noticed the price dropped enough to make me a little less passive about it. As I didn't have a wartime production model, and this was one, the price drop made it pretty much something I could not walk away from so I sent Brad a note and started trying to work out the deal. It wasn't hard to do, and we got the agreement made. It took him a bit of time to find appropriate boxes for shipping, and then to pack and ship it. Kudos for the excellent packing job and care taken in getting it across the country to my little "Cycle Truck Retirement Home", with Box A arriving yesterday, and Box B coming through today. I started cleaning and putting it back together yesterday, but the stuff for the front end was in Box B, so I really didn't have enough to get the main portion of the bike on its feet yesterday. Today went a little better and I am much further along in the reassembly process, but still have a ways to go in cleaning and putting it back together. I'm also going to need to have a couple of less rain-filled days to do some basket weaving and get that back on the bike. My wife gave me a little assistance when she got home today - the replacement of the headbadge was working on my last nerve, not wanting to let the little screws find the holes without some additional light, hence Linda came to the rescue with a little light assistance. There is still some cleanup to be finished, so I will continue on this tomorrow and as needed to get things addressed so I can give it a test ride through the neighborhood soon.
Here are a couple of shots taken at the end of the dry portion of today... before the thunder / rainstorm that came through a short time ago.
IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2824.JPG

More to come..
REC

Over the last week or so, I've spent some more time on this bike. The basket and mounting board are now in place, and the board was given a fresh shot of black as it was a bit faded. I also I spent a little time on the basket as far as straightening some of the wires. I will be replacing a section of wire that is gone in the left lower corner, and / or possibly switching the basket out for another on I have on hand that is the same age, but equipped with a lid. In either case, the one that ends up on the bike will need to be refinished due to repairs needed, whether it be in black or the green that still partially covers the lidded version at this point. (I'm leaning toward the black, it looks pretty sharp to my eye) I still need to find some other decals and get them on, and will need to paint the fender braces black like they should be. Thanks for looking, More to come!
IMG_2838.JPG

REC

Over the last week or so, I've spent some more time on this bike. The basket and mounting board are now in place, and the board was given a fresh shot of black as it was a bit faded. I also I spent a little time on the basket as far as straightening some of the wires. I will be replacing a section of wire that is gone in the left lower corner, and / or possibly switching the basket out for another on I have on hand that is the same age, but equipped with a lid. In either case, the one that ends up on the bike will need to be refinished due to repairs needed, whether it be in black or the green that still partially covers the lidded version at this point. (I'm leaning toward the black, it looks pretty sharp to my eye) I still need to find some other decals and get them on, and will need to paint the fender braces black like they should be. Thanks for looking, More to come!
View attachment 1001003

REC
You sure don't waste any time, my friend. Already looking great. :)

Just for the record, I thought this one was pretty nice to begin with, other than some dustiness from storage and some greasy residue here and there from use. I cleaned it up a bit so far and have done some minor stuff, but I would not take anything from Stradalite on the overall condition. I spent some more time on the basket(s) today, and still am undecided as to which one it will wear when finished, Anyway, just got the table and torches put away before the currently occurring cloudburst. Flippin' rain!

Have a good night!
REC
@STRADALITE

I took the front end partially apart again in order to get the fender braces off to change the color of them to black, and while it is apart, I am also changing the basket out for the one I had on hand that has a lid. It's the same age roughly as the bike and I had done some work on it a few years ago and set it aside in a box. I found it late last week when I was rummaging through the shop. I also spent some time fixing up the original basket and almost finished it before I found the one with the lid. This basket is being refinished in black and is almost done. Ran a little short on paint, so a trip to the paint store is coming tomorrow. I also need enough of the same paint for the fender braces.

OK, It's back on the floor and looks like what I had in mind to begin with. The fender braces are now black, the basket has been switched out for one with a lid, and a new board underneath it, The AWOL seatpost decal is not AWOL anymore. I liked to begin with, and really like it now. Oh yeah, and it's still green!
I'm gonna say "Done for now!"
43 CT1 B.JPG

REC

Back