When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Schwinn Starlet...but a 1953 BF Goodrich version...

-
Pretty sure that 3 colored is the top of the line as far as paint jobs go. Others, even with the full package, springer, chrome rims etc do not always come in 3 colors too. That bike is a nice prize even it it didn't have the green. IDK, luck would be to get the house paint off the chain guard and if rims are chrome too. Yet, I would not be surprised, because it came without springer, that rims are cream. Yet B/C he'd painted rims silver, might be some nice chrome under there still, that will polish up better than owner realized. Same with handle bar and springs on seat.

Regardless, whoa horsey, careful cleaning and polishing this. It's already looking like U rubbing and cleaning pin stripes to hard/harsh. ; 3 colored paint is the cat's meow. { It's mo better than U Hornet, I would not be parting it out at all.} I.E. Original package with that frame and fenders? Ka-Ching!

Last edited:
The Pink paint is very faded...green pinstripes included @Jeff54 . I will be cautious though. The paint on the chain guard is original, not house paint.

BUT...it appears that what I thought was silver paint on the truss rods, handlebars/neck and crank are a severe case of "basement-itis" as I like to call it. Sat since the 60's and oxidized like crazy, and I'm slowly having it coming off. 🙂

Rims were chrome, or least that's the way it would have come new. I'm going to strip a section to make sure, but who knows!

BTW...basically the same bike on ebay, but missing the good parts:

Light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Last edited:
The Pink paint is very faded...green pinstripes included @Jeff54 . I will be cautious though. The paint on the chain guard is original, not house paint.

BUT...it appears that what I thought was silver paint on the truss rods, handlebars/neck and crank are a severe case of "basement-itis" as I like to call it. Sat since the 60's and oxidized like crazy, and I'm slowly have it coming off. 🙂

Rims were chrome, or least that's the way it would have come new. I'm going to strip a section to make sure, but who knows!

That one on E-bay has 19 watchers. There is definitely interest out there on these. Don't lose interest!

i've had a few white bikes over the years and they are an exercise in patience to say the least. EVERYTHING shows, but i'd say your's is looking really good. Even faded, it's still a great bike and I would for sure keep in together. And I love the small STP stickers. I'd probably keep the front fender sticker on there otherwise the paint shade difference might stick out like a sore thumb, depending on when it was put on there.

@OptimusJay This is my second one. The one I recently sold had great paint...but a toasted light and tank. This bike is the opposite.

And now...Dismantled!! Let the games begin. So far, only some underparts on the seat were sprayed (along with the rims).

And here's a better shot of what the color used to look like., which was pretty cool!

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

BUT...it appears that what I thought was silver paint on the truss rods, handlebars/neck and crank are a severe case of "basement-itis" as I like to call it. Sat since the 60's and oxidized like crazy, and I'm slowly have it coming off. 🙂

Your bike is mo better than ebay's. And it has something I have never, ever seen or imagined on any two colored Schwinn or most any bike, for that matter.

Tried to paste the ebay photo here but ebay's getting tighter wit new cookies and won't let me. Take a look at the top bar junction with head post on ebay bike. The secondary pink is, has actually deteriorated and is flaking, wearing off. I don't think it's from poor polishing too. That's a first, especially Schwinn, for me.

And it does have a better chain guard. Dang! I see your pin strips on the U guard but dam it's tough.

I see pink on your light too.

Regardless, your green is stronger and nice grips and more.

I wonder if there's a solution or oil that can perk up your pink and other colors that wouldn't look like ya wanna puck if cited as original paint? Obviously not to solve the whole sun fade but, just a picker-upper that brings body to it. .

Still, as far as girls go, save some prewar colors, in Starlets, regardless of the fade, it doesn't get better than a tri-colored.

Goot luck, rather 'skill' getting her all smooth and pretty again. 🙂

Last edited:
@Jeff54 Here's one I recently Bought, worked on, and Sold...

Also, you can take a Screen Shot off of anything on ebay.

Last edited:
Back