When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Schwinn Starlet...but a 1953 BF Goodrich version...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What's its value or going to fetch $ if you decide to sell after you put all your hour's of labor / TLC into this Queen 🤔

In the early '80s, my family vacationed on Long Beach Island, NJ. We stayed at an Inn, that still had their family bikes out back you could ride. One was a BFG like this, but in blue & white. Lots of salt air there, so it was light & dark orange by that point! They even got the horn working! Loved cruising on it!

Check this out. I cleaned off the tires to see what make they were, assuming some import brand. Quite shocked when I saw "FISK DELUXE Made In The USA " on it. To be honest, if it wasn't for watching American Pickers, I never would have heard of this brand of tire. 😕

They must have been on there a while, as I know FISK hasn't been in business for years...since the 1930's if I remember correctly.

@Hoagie57 I think I'll hang onto this one for a while...

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

Maybe there are newer tubes in the older tires. It’s the tubes that hold the air 😎. The Schwinn built BF Goodrich bikes usually have a complimentary colored second pinstripe laid next to the main stripe. I’ve not seen the second color on anything but the BF Goodrich bikes.

Fisk made tires from the late 1880s into the 1930s. Usually some variation of the boy with a tire and a candle getting ready to “re-tire.”

@Rivnut Lol...yes, I'm fully aware that the tubes hold the air. 😜

But there doesn't seem to even be any sidewall cracking. Pretty Wild for tires of this age.

Some time ago I sold a set of BF Goodrich Silvertown 26 x 1.75 tire "For Schwinn S7 rims" like that - no cracking and no visible wear. The white sidewalls had yellowed a little.

Back