When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Schwinn World...But A Traveler...Rusty...1952...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just got back from picking this one up. Its been on Facebook Marketplace for almost 6 months after the guy kept lowering the price. I offered $50 and he turned me down, but I said "you keep the incorrect seat and then how about $50" and he said yes.

I'm going to assume early 1950's...possibly 1952... according to the hub and cool head badge. BUT...the rim on the rear wheel appears to be from a Raleigh. I don't think Schwinn used this type ever, did they?
Grips are newer, but brakes (not pads) and levers look original, even down to the cables.

Front, rusty rim has a bend in it like I've seen before. Looks like someone tried to fix a flat with a pair of pliers!
But, I like the fact that at least the AS seat bolt is still there. Usually they're swapped out for something from Home Depot.

Overall...questionable condition. I'm still happy to have it, especially if 1952 does turn out to be the year (I can't find a serial number) because then we share a birth year!

Tons of "as found" pics, as usual. :tonguewink:

IMG_1046.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

IMG_1056.jpeg

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg

Your rear rim looks like a Schwinn S-5. Schwinn used these on a lot of lightweights, just not this early. It has the same bead seat diameter as the S-6, 597 mm, and it looks like it's got a Schwinn tire, which wouldn't fit a Raleigh rim. It will be interesting to see how well that bike cleans up. The finish might still be pretty nice under the dirt. And I heard somewhere that the vertical lines in the "wings" on your badge were only used the first year.

Last edited:
@Oilit I hope you're correct! And DUH, I never even looked at the tire to see if it was a Schwinn!!

Happy to say, that if it is a '52, I'm in much better shape!!! :tongueout:

Off the top of my head, I think yours is a '53. I believe the '52's were still using the round "New World" badge. But I could be wrong. And are you looking for the serial under the bottom bracket or the left drop-out?

Last edited:
My '53 doesn't have the the small vertical lines in between the horizontal lines on the headbadge. Serial on left dropout on mine. I would think 53 with that hub date stamp but maybe not.

Back