When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Snyder in the stand

-

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
Got this carcass a while back, it was found as a complete bike but got parted before it came my way.
Interestingly it had what I thought were 1940 (1941?) features: peaked fenders with curved pressed-steel braces, and the "built-in" fender light...kinda neat.
Alas, it was torn asunder, and the skeleton ended up here.

20141214_002JPG-1.jpg

20141214_003JPG-1.jpg

20141214_006JPG-1.jpg

Pretty rugged, but still pretty IMO...Evidently Bonderizing is no match for decades of Northeast weather :D
I know there's some shiny under there...worked on it a bit today.
Nice surprise: the head and bottom bracket cups had to be knocked out with a punch, but of course the crank is bent and twisted.
Hardware in the BB is shot, headset not exceptional but serviceable.
Fork bent at steer tube and crown.
Frame had a bend out at the right chain stay that was an easy fix.
Spent ~1hr on the frame with steel wool and ACS and she's coming along nicely.
Just noticed: No idea where the Polymerin sticker went...musta fallen off since I took the "befores".
Thought the paint was blue, but it's a really nice green, and nearly smooth to the touch now.
Was a bit enthusiastic with the abrasives in a few spots...the way she goes.

03032015_007JPG-1.jpg

03032015_016JPG-1.jpg

03032015_017JPG-1.jpg

03032015_019JPG-1.jpg

03032015_022JPG-1.jpg

Diggin' the crunchy green goodness...I suppose I'm easily amused :)
More later.

You're not alone. I dig the crusty stuff too and that's a nice one. I really like the Spear point graphics on this one. This must be the fork?

I think that the "carcass"couldn't have found a better home, you brought out some really nice details, interesting to see what happens next.

That's awesome scott. At least there's some decent paint there. How many does this make for you now? Rob

Back