When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Spaceliner lead

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
[QUOTE
I think it makes sense to jump on at least the local shop's Spaceliner. Dang.....what would you do????

I would buy the 36-37 Shelby Cadillac I posted and I would meet you in Williamsburg.
No, it doesn't have tanklights but it is a throughbred bicycle that will always be more sought after and revered more than a 60's middleweight.

There is prewar and everything else...

You asked, and that's what I would do as a best available local option to my knowledge, and of course, biased opinion.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Chris, you are the man. Thanks but, I'm into the tanklight Middleweights at present. I do have a couple Ballooners and should get a mens model. However it's not in the cards at the moment.
I appreciate the bias offer and your willingness to travel.
But, you're right I asked "what would you do?". Thanks for the feedback.

Spaceliner and Stratoflite or Astroflite added to my collection

Thanks to everybody who gave me feedback on this quest.

Yeah, so the long distant Spaceliner was sold this morning. Would have been cheaper before expenses but, about the same after fuel costs.
So, I picked up the blue Spaceliner and the red Murray from the local bike shop guy.

I couldn't bring them home yet because, he was finishing the headlight wiring on both bikes and has to find the lens for the red ?flite and take off the front generator.
The Murray seat and grips are wrong but, everything else looks correct. The blue Spaceliner is missing the crank "spinner hub".

Both bikes are Sears products because the perfix of the serial number is 502. Once they get in my driveway I can check the Bike date book for the exact years.
I'm thinking 64' on the Spaceliner and around 62' on the Murray ?flite. The rear rack and lenses are pre 64' on this red one.
Hey researching the date codes is part of the enjoyment.

I almost bought the red JC Higgins....but another $175 was just too pricey. They have this listed for $350.
This guy does great work and his bikes are always very clean. Complete pics to follow.

All I need now is a mens deluxe Spaceliner or the never available Firebolt.

Attachments

• spaceliner-starto-higgins.jpg
    spaceliner-starto-higgins.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 67
  • spaceliner & strato.jpg
    spaceliner & strato.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 57
  • spaceliner rear tail.jpg
    spaceliner rear tail.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 61
  • strato reflectors.jpg
    strato reflectors.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 51
  • jc higgins.jpg
    jc higgins.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 49
Bummer. No additions to the flock

Thanks to everybody who gave me feedback on this quest.

Yeah, so the long distant Spaceliner was sold this morning. Would have been cheaper before expenses but, about the same after fuel costs.
So, I picked up the blue Spaceliner and the red Murray from the local bike shop guy.

I couldn't bring them home yet because, he was finishing the headlight wiring on both bikes and has to find the lens for the red ?flite and take off the front generator.
The Murray seat and grips are wrong but, everything else looks correct. The blue Spaceliner is missing the crank "spinner hub".

Both bikes are Sears products because the perfix of the serial number is 502. Once they get in my driveway I can check the Bike date book for the exact years.
I'm thinking 64' on the Spaceliner and around 62' on the Murray ?flite. The rear rack and lenses are pre 64' on this red one.
Hey researching the date codes is part of the enjoyment.

I almost bought the red JC Higgins....but another $175 was just too pricey. They have this listed for $350.
This guy does great work and his bikes are always very clean. Complete pics to follow.

All I need now is a mens deluxe Spaceliner or the never available Firebolt.

Well. I decided to pass on the 2 Murrays listed. The Bikes are nice but....requested a refund of my investment.

Now I'm in the market again. WTB a clean Columbia Firebolt or Firearrow with the "eyeball" headlamps. Anyone got one?

Well. I decided to pass on the 2 Murrays listed. The Bikes are nice but....requested a refund of my investment.

Now I'm in the market again. WTB a clean Columbia Firebolt or Firearrow with the "eyeball" headlamps. Anyone got one?

Hey JD56,
I have a lead on what i think is a Spaceliner.. I dont know if your still looking for one but... I heard through the grapevine, that a place about 5 minutes from me is selling a sears bicycle... The man describing it to me does not know bikes, but he described it and it sounded like a spaceliner... I will be checking it out tomorrow, and if your interested i will let you know whether or not its a spaceliner... Their asking $100 so if it is a nice spaceliner i will buy it and i could sell it to you, (shippping) but i would need a bit of a profit :D
I will let you know

Hey JD56,
I have a lead on what i think is a Spaceliner.. I dont know if your still looking for one but... I heard through the grapevine, that a place about 5 minutes from me is selling a sears bicycle... The man describing it to me does not know bikes, but he described it and it sounded like a spaceliner... I will be checking it out tomorrow, and if your interested i will let you know whether or not its a spaceliner... Their asking $100 so if it is a nice spaceliner i will buy it and i could sell it to you, (shippping) but i would need a bit of a profit :D
I will let you know

where are you?

Back