When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another unidentified bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

iceman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello all. I have this bike that I can find very little info about. There is a decal on the steer tube. With a magnifying glasS I can read “the Hunter “. Also there is a British fox hunting scene, with the fox and the horses in full gallop. I think it is from the early 20’s based on the chainring. apparently this ring was used by a number of manufacturerS. And that is all I know. Any additional info would be very much appreciated. The wheels are not original to the bike.

Hello all. I have this bike that I can find very little info about. There is a decal on the steer tube. With a magnifying glasS I can read “the Hunter “. Also there is a British fox hunting scene, with the fox and the horses in full gallop. I think it is from the early 20’s based on the chainring. apparently this ring was used by a number of manufacturerS. And that is all I know. Any additional info would be very much appreciated. The wheels are not original to the bike.View attachment 1684926
View attachment 1684927

View attachment 1684928

View attachment 1684929

View attachment 1684930

View attachment 1684931

View attachment 1684932
Very cool frame and in pretty good shape it looks like...wonder how it ended up here? The drum brakes might be a good idea because it was likely originally coaster brake? Anyway nothing to add that you don't already know...just chiming in because you're on this side....nice to have a mystery to solve. Thanks for posting,
Stay cool,

Kryn

Last edited:
Need pics of all the lugs, the seat stay toptube, seat post junction and the head clip.
The BB being cast with chater Lea may be the tell. CL did make whole frames. The actual bb and headset/clip would be stamped chater Lea also. But... It could just be made with CL pieces.
An actual chater Lea bike is an extreme rarity.

Last edited:
It would be a good bike for the retrobikeUK community. I'm not familiar enough with bikes that early from the UK.

Thanks for all of your support. I do not think it is a Chatter Lea. I think the bottom bracket lug is the only Chatter Lea part on the bike. Here are some more pictures of the lugs. Thanks

Would it be possible to post some clearer images of the two badges please?

Dnc1, unfortunately the pictures were to fuzzy on my phone and ipad And the zoom made it worse. Also the bike has been sold. Thanks everyone for there help, have fun bik’in.

Heavy duty! Drop it out of a jet and you could still ride it back to England.
Maybe this was ridden by Chatter Lea's lover. Lucky Limey Weasel. All we get is ladies with their noses in cell phones talking about dog food.

Last edited:
Back