When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another what is it question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Here is a bike a friend is looking at. He asked me what is it but not in my scope of knowledge. That funky seat tube is kinda cool.

2019071495202231.jpg

Looks like a Murray Ohio built, but with a CWC lazy heart chain ring and guard; 1939- later.
Sears a retailer, was a customer of Murray a manufacturer, for their Elgin and Collegiate bicycles.
These girls bikes often had plain boilerplate chain rings (no lightening holes) and used a rear drop stand; the yoke or wye between the bottom bracket and rear forks, make selection of the right kick stand more difficult.

Last edited:
That curved seat post makes me wonder if it could have been a girls version of the Roadmaster Supreme. @Freqman1 would know.

Since nobody else has commented on this frame, I did a quick search. That curved seat post reminds me of the "Y frame" Roadmaster Supremes, but the only picture of a girls version I could find is here: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1938-y-frame-road-master-supreme-info.35915/page-6 :but the fork and the paint on yours doesn't look anything like the bike in the picture. But there can't be that many bikes that used curved seat posts, so somebody must have some idea.

Since nobody else has commented on this frame, I did a quick search. That curved seat post reminds me of the "Y frame" Roadmaster Supremes, but the only picture of a girls version I could find is here: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1938-y-frame-road-master-supreme-info.35915/page-6 :but the fork and the paint on yours doesn't look anything like the bike in the picture. But there can't be that many bikes that used curved seat posts, so somebody must have some idea.
It's Murray built, not CWC. Usually Elgin badged, tho there have been others including Western Flyer. Postwar CWC chainring & guard added. Fenders might be replacements.

as said, it is Murray manufactured, looks like a Collegiate (although no truss rods), the Elgin would have come with the metal skirt guards at that time.

DeluxeElginBicycle3.jpg

Back