When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Block chain.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Catman

Look Ma, No Hands!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I’ve got a chain I’m trying to ID. It’s an incredible 83 links and I think an old block chain. Any ideas?

Thanks guys. i was hoping the NO. 21 would have tickled someones memory of knowledge.

Your stamped No. 21 block chain may not be 1" pitch and not compatible with most bicycle sprockets. Make sure you have 1" pitch by measuring from the front of one block to the front of the next block. It should be exactly 1". If it varies, even a 1/16", it will not work on most bicycle sprockets from the TOC period. Manufacturers were smart to make different pitch dimensions for their own manufactured bicycle so you had to buy their replacement chain. This odd pitch shows up once in a while from my 40+ years of supplying 1" pitch block chain so be sure on chain fit to your particular bicycle. I'd say 1" pitch was used by 99.9% of TOC bicycle makers but their is always those that slip through the cracks and are found today with the difficulty of finding chains to fit them.
Mike Cates, CA.

Back