When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Frames

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lar2599

On Training Wheels
First .....I know almost nothing about bikes....2nd...we are closing out an estate and have two really old frames with hande bars only . First one....red frame ..Glider made by Teaton Co out of Canada. 2nd frame is Mead Ranger Pics enclosed. We are looking to sell these but have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Glider frame.jpg

Glider Plate.jpg

Mead Frame.jpg

Mead Plate 2.jpg

Mead Plate.jpg

Eaton's is a large department store chain in Canada, like a U.S. Macy's, etc. Red looks like 1970-1980's 10-speed frame to me; you might post on the road bikes forum, of this website. Classic & Antique may be in the eye of the beholder; the road bikes folks may behold differently than others.

The Mead bike might be closer to a classic, (there was a Mead of Canada, but that one looks U.S. Schwinn?). Drawback is the "plain" diamond frame.
Could be one of the last Mead badged bikes, (don't know when that was), but that dark bike's plain-ness appears very similar to 1960-1970's bikes, or it could be just a mixture of various parts makes of various years?

I would avoid using the adjective or noun-adjunct "antique".

Last edited:
Eaton's is a large department store chain in Canada, like a U.S. Macy's, etc. Red looks like 1970-1980's 10-speed frame to me; you might post on the road bikes forum, of this website. Classic & Antique may be in the eye of the beholder; the road bikes folks may behold differently than others.

The Mead bike might be closer to a classic, (there was a Mead of Canada, but that one looks U.S. Schwinn?). Drawback is the "plain" diamond frame.
Could be one of the last Mead badged bikes, (don't know when that was), but that dark bike's plain-ness appears very similar to 1960-1970's bikes, or it could be just a mixture of various parts makes of various years?

I would avoid using the adjective or noun-adjunct "antique".
Thanks for the info.

The badge on the Eatons bike is from pre WW11, originally had 2 screws holding it on a bike. Someone drilled it to make it fit this headtube. As you can see the badge does not fit the headtube inside the lugs. The frame looks like 1970's, 27" wheel 10 speed bike. The frame is the gas pipe metal, not very valuable.

Back