When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Lug-Frame Colson: Under-Sized Headset & Fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

prewarmachine

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hoping to find a headset with OD cups that are 1.17" or about 1 11/64. It's for a 1930ish Colson. Patina is better in this case. Will potentially buy complete fork with headset if available. Let me know what you have! Thanks!

Still on the lookout. 1 1/8" cups should work for this application. If you have something I'd be happy to take a look. Fork and headset is almost preferred.
This is a picture of the original fork.

15798407156533181956265176304861.jpg

I have a 30's colson fork with head set that is still on the bike if you are interested let me know.

Sounds like a Colson Lug frame.
Both the headset and the bottom bracket cups may have been undersize, compared to standards on most classic bikes.

1-1/8" refers to the cup/head tube interface - not a typical 1-1/8" mountain bike or fat cruiser steerer tube O.D.

Recommend changing the title of the thread to read, "Antique Lug-Frame Colson: Under-Sized Headset & Fork".

Last edited:
Archie you are spot on. I just noticed in the picture that off to the right, you can see the neck of the lugged frame. I'll revise and see if that helps the cause.
Zedsn, thanks for the reply and trying to help me out!

Back