When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique pictures of RAYCYCLE racing bikes

-

thehugheseum

I live for the CABE
Im wondering if anyone has any pictures of racycles actually used for racing..........did search but i havent seen any proof that a racycle was ever raced........please post your toc era pictures and school me

Last edited:
Popular abroad.
Screen20Shot202013111420at208124220AMpng-1.jpg

There's a perception that the Racycle large chainring equates to a race machine for the athletic types. Not so, that large chainring and the proprietary hanger were designed to reduce strain on the machine. The drive line was in fact a visual contradiction for the average rider, as mentioned in the below article.
Racycle20Screen20Shot202013101820at20927-1.jpg

Last edited:
I cropped this image, because of the ethnicity of TOC racers. It was featured on a double page advertisement (I no longer have), showcasing several foreign race teams and also featuring endorsements from a other riders.

There weren't that many "true" racers made by Racycle... Blue has one with its full provenance, he may have some pictures from the day too....

got it.....thanks for posting,as always......bitchen material fordsnake.......i have wondered for a long time now why i can never find pictures of racycles on a race pic yet there seems to be a belief (which may be true for all i know) that racycles were track bikes

a pic of a racycle stayer would really do it for me

Last edited:
Hey Adam,

Don't believe Racycle ever made a Stayer bike. I'm sure I would have known about that one!!

In the meantime, as you know, Barney Oldfield raced a Racycle …… here ya go buddy >

$T2eC16R,!zoFJNydW1WiBSYI6)Mvi!~~60_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I believe I have more but have to hunt through the archives and the bottom of the endless drawer!

Enjoy these two anyway for now ..

Bill

$T2eC16R,!zoFJNydW1WiBSYI6)Mvi!~~60_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

gulp......admittedly ive been overworked for sometime now........maybe i should remember oldfields racyclism but if im being honest....nope didnt know and thanks for the pics/schooling........stayer king!!!!!

i love the midsized chainring!

This excerpt was taken from the Racycle Crank Blog.
Screen20Shot202015033020at208515220AMpng-1.jpg

Although the factory might not have employed a racing team (or, at least not in 1901), Racycle included a racing model in their catalog from 1897 through 1910. The 1913 Racycle catalog does not include a racing bicycle, indicating that Racycle had by then decided to leave the competition market to other makers.

Back