When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Shop Red Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PLERR

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey everyone,

I came across this Phantom in a local antique shop. The online Schwinn serial number lookup shows it as a 1954 or 1956. The S/N is N53082. Rims are S2. No markings that I could see on the rear hub, Schwinn script front hub, coaster brake is New Departure. Head badge has a bend like it caught on something and the guard is kinda wonky.

EDIT: So, yeah, I may have gone about this post backwards. I really didn't think I was going to go after this bike, now I think I might. I should have posted it in the Schwinn forum and asked for feedback first, then passed on it if I chose. I appreciate all the help (and hope there's more to come) and apologize if it seemed like I was trying to stir things up. I'm going back tomorrow to take a closer look at it. I'll let you know how it goes.

E=-)

Last edited:
It's a 1956 Red Phantom. Looks to be worth the price even with the wrong pedals and grips. If it had the BF Goodyear badge it would be worth 10 times that price! LOL
What about seat, fenders, headlight & wheels? Does that rear hub look correct? The fenders and wheels look too nice. Makes me think repop. But I don't know how to tell.

Back