When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Spoking Machine?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I looked through the last three years and didn’t find it. I’ve also had zero luck online finding anything like it. I’m really try to determine what a fair price is. Thanks for any help. Shawn

One sold Copake Auction, a few years ago.
I did a quick search of their site but coming up empty. Do you have a link or remember what year it was? V/r Shawn
A couple wood rim drilling machines (somewhat similar in appearance) sold in the swap meet day prior to Copake auction. One was purchased by Bicycle Museum of America but those rim drilling machines are different than the above machine. I never saw a machine same as the one above sell at Copake auction or swap meet in the last several years.

Rim Drilling machine same as sold at Copake swap meet.
rim drill machine.JPG

Last edited:
-----

IIRC the forum has an ongoing thread with a header such as "show your old tools" or "can you identify this tool?"

another reader is sure to recall the correct title ;)

it would be a good idea to list this item there as well

have you found any writing on the item such as a maker's name or patent date/number?

-----

A friend owns this. He was told its a spoking machine but I'm not so sure. The early factory pics I've seen show them doing this without a machine. I could find no markings at all on it. Thoughts? V/r Shawn

View attachment 1094310

View attachment 1094311

View attachment 1094312

View attachment 1094313

View attachment 1094314
Definitely looks like a drill fixture. The expanding v-groovs look like the right size for a bicycle rim, though I don't see any method for indexing.

-----

IIRC the forum has an ongoing thread with a header such as "show your old tools" or "can you identify this tool?"

another reader is sure to recall the correct title ;)

it would be a good idea to list this item there as well

have you found any writing on the item such as a maker's name or patent date/number?

-----

Please don't so a straight double post though, reference this thread via a link to it.

Back