When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique unicycle help needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Patrick Mullaney

On Training Wheels
Hi I do estate clean outs and have had some fun bikes in the past but the unicycle stumps me. Any idea for a Maker would be great. The seat is a persons embossed on both sides and the pedals look like persons rat trap type 1 ?

It has some signs of pinstriping to forks and appears to be all original not a made up cycle.

IMG_8284.JPG

IMG_8286.JPG

IMG_8288.JPG

IMG_8294.JPG

IMG_8300.JPG

IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_8302.JPG

IMG_8304.JPG

Can you get a better shot of the bottom of the fork where the wheel mounts to the fork.
At first glance it looks home made. But the bottom of the fork actually looks different than a standard fork. Pedals alone are worth some coin...
Thanks, JKent

Looks more like a tricycle front fork converted to a unicycle. Pedals added for better grip.

Here is the underside of the fork. It is a solid circular fork end. So maybe the tricycle theory is correct.

I will probably sell as a unicycle with nice parts.

IMG_8306.JPG

IMG_8307.JPG

IMG_8308.JPG

There's no such thing as caster or trail in unicycles. Unicycles with a curved fork tend to be some cycle modified to be a unicycle. Ever since the Highwheel there have been modifications to create a unicycle. Who is to say what is officially a "Unicycle?" It probably is a converted trike as redline1968 said, but now it is a unicycle. Those cranks are a bit short also.

Back