When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Veleda Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sunset Rider

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Anyone - help me identify my bicycle pictured below. I might be interested in selling it if I can determine its’ value.

It is in quite good condition and rides very well. It has safety brakes and a working chain. The leather saddle is also in very good condition!

emblems Include: a Sea Serpent / dragon figure and Veleda London. Pedals say Crystal on them

Hi,

Interesting bike.

I know nothing about it, so spent 15 minutes trying to educate myself without success. Searches of Google in both English and French pull up little, and I guess you've already tried that.

Nothing really comes up on the make, the pedals or the bell. I'm surprised, and sorry I can't help further.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi,

Interesting bike.

I know nothing about it, so spent 15 minutes trying to educate myself without success. Searches of Google in both English and French pull up little, and I guess you've already tried that.

Nothing really comes up on the make, the pedals or the bell. I'm surprised, and sorry I can't help further.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Thank you so much for your efforts. I know that it is not easy to find information. I have decided to just try an eBay auction.
By the way I love your name! My son is also named Adrian!!
have a great day.

I achieved the same results as @Mercian.
I couldn't find anything, also searched in German (Veleda being a Roman era German prophetess/seer, as you are now probably aware) but nothing came up.

Nothing in the V-CC library.

Found a couple of German headlamps with 'Veleda' as the model Name, but not the marque name.

Found a couple of other Veleda saddles online, but unlike your example. But here's an idea for you, that saddle screams "India" to me, I think they still make this saddle design over there.
It looks completely wrong for an English bike of this age/design, but would be not uncommon on an old Indian made machine.
Interestingly Veleda is also the name of a goddess in India.
It wouldn't be the first bike from that part of the world to use a misleading headbadge either!

Just a thought.
GLWTS.

In doing some more research... the front metal emblem may indicate this bike was used by the British Secret Intelligence Service SIS (established - 1909)... SIS eventually became MI6 and wasn’t even acknowledged to exist until 1994. Thoughts??

7227C6B9-DA20-47A9-BE56-6A41638C30A4.jpeg

Back