When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Campagnolo Aficionado's can date this crankset (1950's?)? I've seen early ones with the pedal threading stamped below but never with both.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yep,
The first two types, starting in the late 1950’s, had a step where the pedal hole is.
The first generation had a decorative dust cap over the backside of the pedal hole, and a pronounced step on the front side.
The second generation did away with the dust cap on the back, but still retained the step.
The third generation did away with the step all together.
So, this one may be a third generation Crankset?
1962 at the earliest.
Thank you and agree but most curious about the two stampings both above an below pedal hole???

Yeah, I tried to find an example of that type of script in some of the catalogs, but didn’t see any with the thread size and the Campagnolo script around the pedal hole.

Thank you ccdc.1 but what I am really curious about the Campagnolo stamping above the threaded pedal hole and the thread stamping below???
'Campagnolo' above and '9/16 x 20F' below is typical/standard for all 3rd generation 151 bcd cranks from 1962-1967. The first gen 144bcd cranks in 1966-67 have just the threading stamped below with nothing above the hole, and the typical 144bcd cranks after 1967-ish have the threading above the hole, and nothing below. Now, if your cranks are not 151bcd that would be of interest, as I have never seen a 144bcd crank with stamping above and below.

'Campagnolo' above and '9/16 x 20F' below is typical/standard for all 3rd generation 151 bcd cranks from 1962-1967. The first gen 144bcd cranks in 1966-67 have just the threading stamped below with nothing above the hole, and the typical 144bcd cranks after 1967-ish have the threading above the hole, and nothing below. Now, if your cranks are not 151bcd that would be of interest, as I have never seen a 144bcd crank with stamping above and below.
Thank You for the detailed explanation!

I will check my 151 bcd and early 144 bcd cranks and verify for any deviations of the previously described markings. There regularly seems to be Campagnolo variants between catalog printings that are not shown, or that do not agree with catalog diagrams regarding many of their components.

Back