When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Hawthorne Colorado bike Buyers

-

DadHelper2020

On Training Wheels
I want this bike we used to deliver newspapers for 2 decades find a happy home in Colorado - is that likely? Or just throw it back in garage?
IMG_2725.JPG
IMG_2727.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG
I I missed taking a whole bike shot in the bright sun..here are two other shots..I'll pull it out and do more later..I think my dad might have replaced the handle bars since, even with a kick stand, we used to flop it down loaded with papers - and ruin bars.. - I thought there was a basket on the back - but he might have taken that off.. I am going to look for that..
IMG_2736.JPG

Thanks for the replies - I will put some air in the tires and get it to someone who will do some happy riding - and I will probably find more bike "bits and pieces" as I continue through the layers of life accumulations for my father. So kind of everyone to reply..

Here is what I think is the serial number that said Hawthorne - even though most told me to look by pedal - this was back wheel. I have learned a lot from everyone - keep up the passion. 1210143

IMG_2735.JPG

Thanks all.

Besides using bikes for paper routes and getting around in the 60's and 70's, my dad rented apartments to college students... they inevitably took off in the spring leaving MANY things behind that wouldn't fit in their cars - including the clunker bikes they used to get to and from classes on campus...so I am sure I will find more as my Dad helping duties continue...

Where are you located in our great state? I'm a native currently living in Longmont. There are several old bike enthusiasts I can spread the word if your looking for a new home for this. If you're on facebook, check out the Old Bikes Club. A lot of great people.

If you decided to keep it and want to get it riding nice, I would be happy to lend you a hand if you're close.

Back