When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANY HELP ?? 80's le tour ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gary thompson

On Training Wheels
I have a le tour that looks like its from the 1980's. Serial # on rear dropout reads C426949 but no way its a 64 so I don't have a clue. Any help ??

27496177_950133148476214_1745455023_n.jpg

When I was trying to date mine, I found this information posted elsewhere which helped me.
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/446092-schwinn-le-tour-age-serial-number-question.html

"Bicycles from Japan have a production month letter in either the first or second position and a production year number in the other (first or second) position. Examples J677123 = September, 1976, 6J77123 = September, 1976.

Thus E423917 = May, 1974"

A=Jan
B=Feb
C= March, and so on

According to this information, it looks like "rhenning" pinpointed your date.

The over seas date codes can get confusing.

Mine has a similar date code to yours also starting in "C", and looks to have the same components. My head-badge also indicates it was made in Japan, Does yours?

The actual build date should be stamped on the head badge. Last number is the last number of the year,

My Letour also does not have a build date on the badge, it is only stamped on the drop out opposite of the rear derailleur.

This is what it looks like.

IMG_3080.JPG

Back