When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any help on what it’s worth.

-
Hi 3-speeder,

Yesterday, I purchased another 1953 Hercules QEII Coronation Celebration bicycle that was on e-bay. I was the only bidder! The bike was located in Roade Island and it was a pick up only! Good thing I have a cousin who lives 63 miles from the seller! The bike is now in Massachusetts in my cousins garage. My cousin is going to dismantle the bike and ship only the stock parts to me in California. When the stock parts arrive, I will put on all the missing stock parts onto the bike. By looking at the photo, you can see the following non-stock parts: the steer-horn handle bars, white hand grips, pedals (rt one is broken), both rims which are not original (the rear rim has a German Komet Super Coaster brake laced to it). Because I do not want any of the non-stock parts, my cousin will pack up all the stock parts and put them into a small box and off to California they will go! Once they have arrived, I will put on the following stock parts onto the bike: brake calipers and hand controls, both Dunlop wheels (the rear one will have a '53 Hercumatic Hub, a Hercumatic shifter, Brooks brown B66 leather saddle, original handlebars, replaca brown hand grips, original Hercules pedals, etc.

View attachment 951992
Hi 3-speeder,

Yesterday, I purchased another 1953 Hercules QEII Coronation Celebration bicycle that was on e-bay. I was the only bidder! The bike was located in Roade Island and it was a pick up only! Good thing I have a cousin who lives 63 miles from the seller! The bike is now in Massachusetts in my cousins garage. My cousin is going to dismantle the bike and ship only the stock parts to me in California. When the stock parts arrive, I will put on all the missing stock parts onto the bike. By looking at the photo, you can see the following non-stock parts: the steer-horn handle bars, white hand grips, pedals (rt one is broken), both rims which are not original (the rear rim has a German Komet Super Coaster brake laced to it). Because I do not want any of the non-stock parts, my cousin will pack up all the stock parts and put them into a small box and off to California they will go! Once they have arrived, I will put on the following stock parts onto the bike: brake calipers and hand controls, both Dunlop wheels (the rear one will have a '53 Hercumatic Hub, a Hercumatic shifter, Brooks brown B66 leather saddle, original handlebars, replaca brown hand grips, original Hercules pedals, etc.

View attachment 951992
Hmm! What's your cousin going to do with the wheels? If they're surplus, I might have a use for them....
My cousin finally dissassembled the bike today. It has been in his garage for 6 weeks! Anyway, he told me that both rims are Dunlop EA3's made in England. I told my cousin that I want to keep those rims, as most of the non Raleigh bikes I have use them!

Back