When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any help on what it’s worth.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The chain guard looks like the one on my 1946 Schwinn Continental...

IMG_3602.jpg

I’ll havw more pics of it Tuesday. That’s when I’m picking it up. Stay tuned and thank you guys for all the info!
There's no serial number information for Hercules, but going by the decals, yours could easily be before WWII. The stem and chain guard have been swapped out somewhere along the way, but the rest looks right, at least as far as I can tell. Assuming your wheels are original, the rear hub is probably your best bet for finding the year, as @bikerbluz said. If you drop it off at Goodwill, let me know which one!

There's no serial number information for Hercules, but going by the decals, yours could easily be before WWII. The stem and chain guard have been swapped out somewhere along the way, but the rest looks right, at least as far as I can tell. Assuming your wheels are original, the rear hub is probably your best bet for finding the year, as @bikerbluz said. If you drop it off at Goodwill, let me know which one!
2643494D-EBFB-4DE0-AC65-46D1B7EBC7C8.jpeg

If you have a young lady in your life, I would do a lite restoration to the bike and give it to her. All it needs is a good cleaning, polishing, new tires & tubes, new brake pads, the correct chain guard and a new reproduction head badge! All the cables appear to be OK. Keep the pedals, brake caliper/hand brakes and seat as they are all original and have the most value on the bike! Asside from the rotten tires and lite rust, it appears that someone took great care of the bike! That bike would look spectacular if you follow my advice!

Last edited:
That Dunlop saddle shows fibers in the deteriorated areas. Is it made of rubber?

If you have a young lady in your life, I would do a lite restoration to the bike and give it to her. All it needs is a good cleaning, polishing, new tires & tubes, new brake pads, the correct chain guard and a new reproduction head badge! All the cables appear to be OK. Keep the pedals, brake caliper/hand brakes and seat as they are all original and have the most value on the bike! Asside from the rotten tires and lite rust, it appears that someone took great care of the bike! That bike would look spectacular if you follow my advice!
Eh I don’t think she would be caught dead on this bike.

Back