When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any help would be so appreciated!!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lutes

On Training Wheels
Hi,
I love this website!! I have to tell you the very most I know about a bike is...how to ride one!!! Well that's not
completely true, but close!!!!

Anywho, my husband and I are cleaning out a warehouse, in the basement there are about 40 bicycles. A few Treks, Raleighs, Schwinn, and one particular one that caught my eye. It is a Rollfast. A name I have never heard of. I brought it upstairs into the light, and clearly it has been painted. I love this bike, I'm a 50's kid. I'll let the pics tell the story. I'm just curious as to how old it might be. Does it have any value? Should I donate, sell or part it out? It doesn't look that bad to me, but, like I said , I don't know much. It looks to have been a bluish green color. The pitting is not deep, it's surface. I love the wheels!

Would love to hear from someone! Thanks, Lutes
4C406270-F7C3-4440-AE89-82A1E721B413.jpeg
224ED8F9-C9AD-447E-8BBE-8E81EC5D32CA.jpeg

Looks like later half of 1950's H.P. Snyder built middleweight bike for D.P. Harris' Rollfast product line.
It has a so-called "bulls eye" style head badge, and a yoke (vs. triangle) at the seat post cluster.
Serial number, often on seat tube, likely painted over, a letter followed by 6 digits.
Date-place code, often on bottom, stamped lightly in later years, may reveal a date.
For example, a "75SN" would be 1957 (reversing the digits), from the Snyder NY facility.
Snyder also had a Michigan City Indiana plant, closer to Illinois.
60+ year old girl's bike looks good as-is.
Rollfast 1956.JPG

Welcome to the CABE.

Last edited:
That's a nice bike Lutes, and as WetDog said it would make a great rider. Like you I'm new at this hobby, so I can't give you much help with your question (but I'm learning). Also in my short time here I have found the members here are great people, and always ready to help. Now, keep that beauty, clean and grease 'er up, and ride it down the road. These old bike are amazing in how smooth they ride.

Jim

Looks like later half of 1950's H.P. Snyder built middleweight bike for D.P. Harris' Rollfast product line.
It has a so-called "bulls eye" style head badge, and a yoke (vs. triangle) at the seat post cluster.
Serial number, often on seat tube, likely painted over, a letter followed by 6 digits.
Date-place code, often on bottom, stamped lightly in later years, may reveal a date.
For example, a "75SN" would be 1957 (reversing the digits), from the Snyder NY facility.
Snyder also had a Michigan City Indiana plant, closer to Illinois.
60+ year old girl's bike looks good as-is.
View attachment 1078523
Welcome to the CABE.
Thanks again....by "seat tube", do you mean the metal part the seat connects to, or the tube that is part of the frame?

Seat tube (mast) is part of the frame, where the "seat post" fits; about 6" down on the right side is where serial numbers were placed in the 1940's and later. Sometime in the 1950's, serial numbers were moved to the left rear axle drop-out (frame); maybe look there first (less paint). Post-war serial numbers started with an "A" in 1945, not sure how far into the 1950's that the series may have continued.
The first picture also shows an E.E. Hood patent Bendix coaster brake hub, with an oil port, used until about ~1960.
Not suggesting that you immediately start scrapping all the paint off; as these #'s do not matter that much (curiosity).

Last edited:
Well, that's great! So she's about 6 or 7 years younger than me! These files didn't send, so I'm resending.
Wanted 33 is right....this website is just awesome! Everyone is so great, and helpful!! Do any of these #'s matter??

Well, that's great! So she's about 6 or 7 years younger than me! These files didn't send, so I'm resending.
Wanted 33 is right....this website is just awesome! Everyone is so great, and helpful!! Do any of these #'s matter??

Lutes, the numbers on the bike will give you the date the bike was built. If they are painted over try the old trick we learned as a kid. Lay a piece of paper over them, and use one of those old things called a pencil. Brush the pencil over the paper, and the number may show through. On my wife's '57 Murray the serial number was quite light on one side, and luckily that method worked for me. Good luck. I've found that gathering info on these old bikes is a lot of fun. But, a warning. This hobby (or habit as it can be) is quite addictive. I now have an '80 model Schwinn I'm working of for me. :)

Back