When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Huffy experts? Trying to determine the value of my old Purple Huffy Camero bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wenda

On Training Wheels
I am trying to determine the value of my old Huffy Camaro bike. Its purple and white - I have had it since the early 70's. (As I recall it was a close out - older model bike that my dad got a great deal on at the time) . It is still in very good shape. I actually have the original white wall tires. Any idea on what the value might be on this? Thinking of selling it - I really don't ride much any more.

This photo is NOT mine (which is out back in my dark garage right now). But this one looks exactly like mine. I will get pics of mine in the morning so I can post for ya'll to see the condition.

huffy.png

@partsguy can probably answer the question definitively once you post a pic of your bike. I'm guessing about mid 60s. Not really a lot of collector value on these and condition is critical to getting anything at all. V/r Shawn

I bought a complete, rusty one for $50 a year ago. mostly just for the bendix red band hub.

Took out the hub, replaced it with a shimano coaster, got the tank light working, and it sat on craigslist for 6 months at 75 bucks.

Finally stripped it down and custom painted it for a friend's girlfriend and sold it for $100.

Totally not worth it.

But the sparkly purple grips are cool.

Despite my earlier post, I think it's one of the coolest "ugly" bikes from that time period.

And, a little known fact, huffy re-purposed the frame, and some of the serial numbers pre-date the first Chevy Camaro, which causes some consternation amongst the Chevy fanatics over which came first, the car or the bike.

Despite my earlier post, I think it's one of the coolest "ugly" bikes from that time period.

And, a little known fact, huffy re-purposed the frame, and some of the serial numbers pre-date the first Chevy Camaro, which causes some consternation amongst the Chevy fanatics over which came first, the car or the bike.

I learned something new! Where you learn this?

Almost positive that the purple Camaro was a 1 year only - 1968
At least that's what I found when doing research on the one I had 4-5 years back.

I am trying to determine the value of my old Huffy Camaro bike. Its purple and white - I have had it since the early 70's. (As I recall it was a close out - older model bike that my dad got a great deal on at the time) . It is still in very good shape. I actually have the original white wall tires. Any idea on what the value might be on this? Thinking of selling it - I really don't ride much any more.

In mint, dead mint condition, about $75. They are very, very common and any rust or significant paint damage will make it very hard to sell.

Funny thing is, I sold one for $150 within a week. Partially restored, in a two-tone metalflake silver and purple, tank deleted. Seems to sell better if customized.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/69-huffy-gets-a-second-chance.83847/#post-524373

001-jpg.jpg

69-huffy-jpg.jpg

Back