When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any idea of year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sloar

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just picked this up this morning. Any idea of year? Thanks

A0EB6FB7-09D0-4EFC-A89A-0A82BCCB196C_zpsrobppgje.jpg

78051D5D-AC5D-4417-B840-9DB54A253B50_zpssfk6mb8c.jpg

F471DDCC-9B0F-4782-8724-4CC280CA1804_zpsacj4smjb.jpg

Not sure on year. Emblem manufacturing. Angola New York, Cabe member "Keith Kodish" found a camel pretty recently. Same ring. Cool find; thanks for sharing.

I don't care about value or maker, I'm just curios about if it's teens,20's or 30's. I put the pedals on, the rest is how I bought it. Not looking to sell or part out. I paid $350 for it and I'm keeping it. I would like to find some display tires and also what type of light is the bracket on the stem for?

Thanks, I haven't had time to really check this bike out yet. But is the front fender suppose to look like that? I thought maybe the front was broke off. I thought about moving it forward a bit and drilling a new mounting hole.

I'm sure that front fenders were original made like that in the 1890s to accommodate a lever and rod activated spoon brake on the front tire, but for some reason they also appeared for a few years on some bikes post 1900 that had a coaster brake and no spoon brake. Maybe they were using up old inventory? As proof I've attached a catalogue picture of a c.1910 CCM Model M men's bike with that shorty front fender. The specs say it's equipped with a Hercules coaster brake (which were first patented in 1908 and appeared, we think, in 1909) and no spoon brake. CCM switched to full front fenders sometime in the mid 'teens. Now, as far as your bike goes, you will have to inspect the front fender and see if it has jagged metal where the front part of the fender broke off, or if the fender has a smooth, even front edge as it was when new.
CCMmodelM.jpg

Back