When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

any info on a Columbia Boycycle, made in New York

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kirk thomas

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Does anyone have any info on this tri cycle I picked up. The front wheel is at least 24". I have never seen this badge and don't really come up with much on it.
P1180115.JPG
P1180108.JPG
P1180110.JPG
P1180109.JPG
Thank You Kirk

Columbia had these made by a company in NY that made trikes and sidewalk bikes. There is also a Girlcycle.

This particular Boycycle was made about 1927 based on the unique frame style where the center tube of the frame extends all the way down to the foot rest. In most years it stopped where it intersected the horizontal tube. The original seat would have had long springs.

Yes, the seat on it right now is a Murray Mercury trike seat from around the early 1950s. Here's a couple photos of the Girlcycle model with it's uniquely shaped main frame tube. I'm guessing it dates to the late teens/early 1920s, but MrColumbia might be able to pinpoint a closer estimate on age. -Dave
D1920sColumbiaGirlcycle1.JPG
D1920sColumbiaGirlcycle1c.JPG

Last edited:
I think I have the seat in great condition on the PAL Superbike I got with this one. Thanks everyone for the help.

WANTED the period correct seat and seat post for a COLUMBIA BOYCYCLE tricycle that I own.
There is a metal pan seat with about a 7/16" diameter straight seat post affixed to it now and is amazingly the same reddish-orange original color as is on the rest of the frame/fork. Would this seat with affixed post be original for my 1927 year?
Guessing mine is approximately 1927 like MrColumbia pointed out in his earlier reply as mine has the frame extending to the rear axle.
Any brochure or pictorial information shown form my year tricycle is appreciated if you can email it to me at my computer email address below (don't send to my phone as it is an old flip phone and photos are tiny).
Mike Cates, CA.
(760) 473-6201 Voice Calls Only and No Texts Please
Email address: [email protected]

DSCN6532.JPG

DSCN6533.JPG

DSCN6535.JPG

DSCN6536.JPG

DSCN6537.JPG

Last edited:
Back