When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any info on Mead & Prentiss Albion?

-

KlassicMotion

On Training Wheels
Hello!
I've had this 1901 Albion for a few years now. I'm the 3rd owner. The original owner received it for his birthday back in 1901. I have not had any luck researching this bike. The second owner mentioned the wheels had been replaced later down the line with the steel clad wheels. He found the bike in an old barn in KS. Obviously, I've heard the names Mead, and Prentiss, but I cannot find anything about them and bicycles. Thanks!!

20110804_49.JPG

20110804_50.JPG

20110804_52.JPG

20110804_87.JPG

DSCN3060.JPG

20110804_78.JPG

Nice bicycle! It wouldn't take much to make it rideable.
Did a quick google search and there is info out there but it'll take a little digging.
Search on here, there is a post featuring a later model posted just over a year ago.
Sorry I can't help more, try reposting in the antique, pre 1933 section if you haven't already done so.
Some incredibly knowledgeable people there.

Nice bicycle! It wouldn't take much to make it rideable.
Did a quick google search and there is info out there but it'll take a little digging.
Search on here, there is a post featuring a later model posted just over a year ago.
Sorry I can't help more, try reposting in the antique, pre 1933 section if you haven't already done so.
Some incredibly knowledgeable people there.

Thanks, I'll do that. I'm still trying to figure out the workings of this forum.

Back