When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any info on my mothers Packard?

-

Jon Olson

Finally riding a big boys bike
FBF649D0-7B85-481E-83BB-18FB820AF716.jpeg
Any info on my mother’s Packard?

View attachment 729627 Any info on my mother’s Packard?
American National made a Packard pedal car similar to your mother's. In fact, that diamond shaped plate near the top of the front grille is the badge shape used for Toledo Blue Streak pedal cars. Toledo being part of American National. Check the ads out on the top right of this Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/pedalcarspa/pedal-car-literature-ads/?lp=true

Most of the Packard's I've seen have solid wheels, so perhaps the wire spoke wheels on your mother's pedal car were an upgrade option, with solid wheels being standard.

Dave

Last edited:
American National made a Packard pedal car similar to your mother's. In fact, that diamond shaped plate near the top of the front grille is the badge shape used for Toledo Blue Streak pedal cars. Toledo being part of American National. Check the ads out on the top right of this Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/pedalcarspa/pedal-car-literature-ads/?lp=true

Most of the Packard's I've seen have solid wheels, so perhaps the wire spoke wheels on your mother's pedal car were an upgrade option, with solid wheels being standard.

Dave
Thanks, it looks like the 1923 Packard had the wire spoke wheels in two of the pictures on the Pinterest page. Jon

Had a beautiful original in my collection at one time. The windows in the doors actually raised an lowered. Came complete with a alemite grease gun for lubrication. Mine was a deluxe with solid wheels. Most had the wire wheels with pneumatic tires. Had to be pretty strong to be able to pedal the Packard. The kids with the smaller pedal cars could run circles around the big Packard pedal cars. Worth more than a lot of antique cars!

Back