When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

any info on this old “downtown Los Angeles” sign?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hastings

I live for the CABE
Hey Guys looking for any info in this here sign. I’ve had it for a while. Just moving it to a new location at my house. Decided to take a picture when I had it down. It’s old heavy steel about 16 x 32” the letters seem screen printed. The guy I got it from said his grandpa brought it over here from California back in the day. Any info is greatly appreciated! I tried finding similar signs online and had no luck. Thanks

3ED51BDB-5B5A-4F21-96F4-DA44BB898993.jpeg

AA2CB901-F6E1-41E2-9C80-226C915792CB.jpeg

Just a guess but it looks like it would have been attached to an exit sign on the freeway designating that exit going to downtown LA?

It doesn't look like a Caltrans sign- from the chalk marks on the back, maybe a sign from a warehouse? Deliveries to Downtown LA go in this area?

The City of L.A. has their own sign shop located at the C. Erwin Piper Technical Center, someone there might have some archives or photos to reference.

Back