When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any info on this Schwinn?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dureel

On Training Wheels
This Schwinn looks like it could be from the 40s. It has a fender Indian which seems pretty rare. I'm wondering if you guys have any info on the year and what the value might be, and if it looks like the components are original. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
20477.jpeg
20510.jpeg
20478.jpeg
20480.jpeg
20479.jpeg

Like Rob said--post war B6. It is missing the fender light cover and has been house painted. This one is worth more in parts than as a whole. Do some research here on the forum and you will find about what these go for whole and as parts. V/r Shawn

I've seen those Indians before, just not on a bike.

after hanging out here for a while the first thing I would do with a bike like that is remove the repaint and see what is left of the original paint.

as for parting it out,,, what about fiddling with it and take it for a ride?? :) that is what I would do. I think they made that bike 46 -53 ? 52? big Schwinn head badge says closer to 52 (feel free to correct me)

these bikes are all just parts now. rotating around the world and going on various bikes, sometimes assembling into fully functional bikes.

it looks like you have all the parts to build this bike except for the light. the front brake, as well as the springer was optional. this one is a 1948

1948-Schwinn-B6-black-BU-01.jpg

I've seen those Indians before, just not on a bike.

after hanging out here for a while the first thing I would do with a bike like that is remove the repaint and see what is left of the original paint.

as for parting it out,,, what about fiddling with it and take it for a ride?? :) that is what I would do. I think they made that bike 46 -53 ? 52? big Schwinn head badge says closer to 52 (feel free to correct me)

these bikes are all just parts now. rotating around the world and going on various bikes, sometimes assembling into fully functional bikes.

it looks like you have all the parts to build this bike except for the light. the front brake, as well as the springer was optional. this one is a 1948

View attachment 689956

awwwwww....that restored bike was one I built on order for a Film Industry Cameraman here in LA years ago.

the memories!!!!!!

Back