When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any information is appreciated!

-

dscud

On Training Wheels
I put some miles on this thing as a kid and now I want to get it back to being rideable for my son. I have been researching for a while, and have found some similar, but not exact. I'm thinking that it might be a Hedstrom due to the white bars that go down to the fork. No markings or stickers visible anywhere. Any thoughts?

New tires and pedals will be the first thing in order, but I want to try getting some pedals that are close to original looking if possible. Looking forward to getting him on this thing!

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG

IMG_2757.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

IMG_2759.JPG

Your tricycle is a Mercury model made by Murray Ohio. The rear step plate design identifies it as a Murray and the rain gutter front fender plus the nicer seat (would have originally had a sewn on cover) puts it in the Mercury line of trikes. That should get you to some online Mercury trike photos which might be close to the one you have, so you can get an idea of replacement parts needed. Hope that helps a little. Oh, and the rear wheels would have had hub caps with letters "M and O" stamped into the metal. Those are usually easy to find.

Dave

Thank you! I was digging around in some Mercury/Murray trike photos but wasn't seeing anything to get me in the right direction. I'll start doing more research that way since I have a definitive lead now.

Does anyone know the original paint scheme of these Mercury trikes or have any pictures been posted on here before?

I'm seeing a couple online, but none of the colors and lines are consistent.

Back