When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Any Iver Johnson straight rear down tubes out there?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mikecuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Any Iver Johnson straight rear down tubes out there? Or suggestions on tubing. I'm looking online at 5/8" OD tubing. I just got back from Lowes with 1/2" OD steel tubes and they are round and of course not chunky like 5/8". Maybe if I flatten the 1/2" tubes I can get 5/8" My both rear down tubes are sketchy. As you know the rear down tubes are not round tubes. I knew the frame need love before I bought the frame. It's going to be a static display bike. THX

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Any Iver Johnson straight rear down tubes out there? Or suggestions on tubing. I'm looking online at 5/8" OD tubing. I just got back from Lowes with 1/2" OD steel tubes and they are round and of course not chunky like 5/8". Maybe if I flatten the 1/2" tubes I can get 5/8" My both rear down tubes are sketchy. As you know the rear down tubes are not round tubes. I knew the frame need love before I bought the frame. It's going to be a static display bike. THX

View attachment 1375161
Those tubes look swaged, donor bike fosho. Either way, Moly tubing over low carbon steel

View attachment 1375161
Upon second look those might be the same diameter all the way down. Just look for 4130 cromoly tubing from a local metal supplier. Is the frame brazed, or welded?

Upon second look those might be the same diameter all the way down. Just look for 4130 cromoly tubing from a local metal supplier. Is the frame brazed, or welded?
THX for trying to help. Trying to save this old boy. I'll check the product you suggested. I'll look after supper tonight for welding or brazing. Stay tuned to this channel/dilemma.

Both rear down tubes are flat on outside and inside. Same size from top to bottom.

Why not put a “wanted” ad out for a damaged frame to remove the rear stays as replacements? I have/had a girl’s Iver I couldn’t give away at the last MLC swap. It either went to the scrap guy or is at my place in Hershey. It was mortally damaged at the head tube area but the rear was perfect. If I still have it you are welcome to it.

Back