When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any thoughts on this old Schwinn?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gben

Finally riding a big boys bike
Suspended
This is me at 5-years on my first bike in 1967. It was a hand-me-down from my grandmother. If it belonged to my mother or one of her sisters it could have been from the late 40s/early 50s. I am pretty sure it was a Schwinn, I don't know what size the tires were, the handlebars were really wide and I remember it seemed geared high or the cranks were short because it was hard to pedal. My strongest memory riding it was going down a big hill on a dirt road and hitting the brake hard and pushing myself off the back of the seat onto the rear tire so it sucked my wedding-tackle into the space between the tire and frame and left a big black mark on my butt.

First bike.jpg

first bike b.jpg

Oh man, I can only imagine what that was like. 😲
My worst incident was when I rear ended a 1965 Impala SS on my Varsity with my buddy sitting on the flipped up handle bars. He ended up on the trunk and I got the ole stem in the groin.

Back